Dear College BFF

Dear College BFF

A letter to my best friend I met in college...

7
Dear College BFF

Dear college best friend,

We met during freshman orientation. We went to all of the same informational meetings. We began talking and learned that we loved all of the same things. We even had matching jewelry. We liked the same music. We had the same opinions on pretty much everything. We enjoyed the same things. I had a feeling I would never get tired of talking to you. You immediately struck me as the most interesting person at orientation. I wanted to get to know you even more. We spent the entirety of orientation together and proceeded to talk all summer. By the time school started, I was ecstatic to see you again. I was hoping that our friendship would continue after the start of school and that we would be the best of friends. If only I had known how amazing my life was about to become because of you.

We have been on countless adventures together. From accidentally going to Georgia (whoops) to sitting on the floor eating enormous amounts of junk food and watching TV. I love our time spent together. Whether it is walking to class, attending a club meeting, coloring one of our many coloring books to relax, dancing around and badly singing to every song that comes on the radio, or just sitting and studying, it's always a fantastic time when I'm with you.

I will always remember you, even long after we have left college behind. I'll remember the first day here and how we stayed up late and joked around. I'll remember how you got bored one day and did my makeup. I'll remember the silly and scary movies we watch every Friday night. I'll remember how you fell asleep during almost all of those movies. I'll remember how you always seem to know when I just need a big hug. I'll remember our late night adventures to the Yellow Deli and City Cafe Diner. I'll remember the first party we ever went to. I'll remember you helping me with my hair dye shenanigans. I'll remember our conversations at 4 a.m. that turn from goofy jokes to the most serious, secret-spilling talks. I'll remember our planning sessions for what our future apartment would look like. I'll remember how excited you get about dogs and how much you love the color blue. But mostly, I'll remember that you are the perfect best friend. And I love you.

You make every day wonderful; I know you are always there for me. Whenever I have a bad day, I know I can talk to you and you will give me the best advice. You can always make me laugh. You're there with me for the best and worst moments. And I wouldn't have it any other way.