Here's to my brother, celebrating his wedding day

An Open Letter To My Brother On His Wedding Day

#EquallyElisofon

1893

This past weekend, my brother married the love of his life. It was such a beautiful ceremony with an equally beautiful bride. He obviously asked me to write something for the ceremony, and it took me awhile, but I finally was able to put something together.

Jamil, this article is for you.

Well, Jamil, this day is finally here. We never thought this day would happen, simply because you had not found someone who we had approved of in well, ever. But, You finally found her, your perfect match, and while part of me is sad that you're getting married and leaving NYS, the other part of me is so excited because now Margaret will be a part of our crazy family and now we have another road-trip buddy for when we sporadically decide to take a road trip to Jersey.

Jamil, you're obviously more than a cousin to me, you're my brother, end of discussion. You've always been there for me, whether it was a shoulder to cry on or lending an ear to listen to me vent. You've mostly protected me and supported me through all that life has thrown at me, unless, well, you were the one throwing things at me… Like when you skipped that rock at my face? But we won't go into that all right now. Brett told me I needed to be nice so let's reflect on all the long road-trips to Jersey or North Carolina, all the times you and Brett killed it, and the one time you almost killed me.

I will always cherish those memories the three of us shared together and all the times you and I had growing up when we practically lived together. All of the annoying all-nighters, all the times hiding in the woods because we were constantly in trouble from Grandma and Papa, and that one time you threw me over the fence at Millbrook because I really needed to pee and refused to pee in the woods. You were always the person I looked up to, growing up and it's so surreal watching you get married.

BUT, let's just bring the focus back to Margaret for a second. To all of the Gage family, I would like to formally announce that Margaret HATES Jim Carrey and I really didn't want to support such a relationship. But, they've both hurt me and I guess it's a sacrifice I'll just have to make. When I say they've both hurt me, I mean if you get a close enough, you can see a nice scar directly in the middle of my forehead, and for the record, Brett pushed me, but Jamil did not catch me; so I'll be forwarding you my medical bills.

On a serious note, I'm honestly so happy that you finally found someone that is as equally amazing if not more than you are. You both equal out one another so well, and your love is felt throughout all of the people around you. Margaret, I couldn't ask for a better sister and a better wife for Jamil. You both are clearly on the same page and it's 100% amazing. I love you both so much.

I wish you both constant happiness and never-ending love. I hope you both never go to bed angry, and you continue to blossom this love that you two share into something even more amazing.

The two of you can and will do great things in this world, and now that you have the power of each other supporting you, there isn't anything you can't do. I have so much faith in you, and in this relationship that I have not a doubt in my mind, this is your soul mate.

I am so happy I am able to call Margaret my sister, and I hope for unending adventures and hopeful futures for the both of you.

Congratulations Margaret and Jamil Elisofon 7/14/2018

Related Articles Around the Web