8 Things I Need My Little Brother To Know During His Last Month Of High School

Have the time of your life.

1028
Personal Photo

To my (not so) little brother,

CONGRATS, YOU DID IT!

You have survived senioritis, you have picked a college, you went to prom, had the time of you life on prom weekend, you have finished your last high school sporting events, and now all that's left is a couple more weeks of classes and then finally, graduation.

Words can't describe how proud I am of you, but I am even more excited for you. Now as you are completing your last round of "lasts", you are just awaiting an exciting round of "firsts".

College is going to be something you have never experienced before, in the absolute BEST way possible, so get pumped. Freedom, partying, Greek life, shortened days of classes, and an amazing campus with everything you need in walking distance. What more could you want?!

Although you have a lot to look forward to, I want to give you some advice for right now. This is stuff I wish someone told me when I was a finishing up my last few weeks of high school.

1. Enjoy every last minute of senior year.

You have less than a month left, and I can tell you from experience, that some days you will just want to get out of there and go straight to summer and college, but these are the days you will miss someday and cherish for the rest of your life! Make the most of the days you have left in high school.

2. Appreciate what is right in front of you.

In the last days of high school, it is easy to get caught up in what is coming up in your near future. Although that is exciting, it is important to appreciate your hometown friends, your family, your free meals at home, free laundry, and everything in between.

3. Take pictures!

I know you aren't a huge picture person, but TAKE PICTURES! It is so fun to have pictures of your hometown friends and family on your walls in your dorm and to have them on your phone to look back at. Plus, looking back at photos will bring back amazing high school memories that you will want to remember forever.

4. Give hugs!!

For the people who aren't in your immediate friend group, high school might be the last time you ever see them. It's a little sad, but true. Give hugs to your friends from school and wish them luck in the future.

5. Go to every senior event.

In the last month of school there are so many fun senior events that happen. There is senior brunch, senior pranks, senior ditch day, senior road trip, and so much more. Go to everything!! You won't regret it.

6. Be yourself!

High school can be a time where sometimes people hide their true selves in fear of what people might think. Stop caring what people think and be your 100%, true, authentic self! You have a month left, put forth your best self possible.

7. Have the time of your life.

You have one month left...live it up and have the absolute time of your life. Hang out with your friends and family after school, go to parties, talk to everyone you see, have no regrets, and just have fun!

8. Reflect on your high school experience.

This may seem weird, but truly do it! Reflect on all the amazing people you met, the exciting things you did, the fun times you had, the hard times you conquered, and look around and see all the people that were by your side though it all. Thank them.

Like I said at the beginning of this, I couldn't be more proud of you and more excited for what is coming up so soon in your journey. Love you tons and, even though you didn't chose the same college as me ;), I am so excited for you to soon be living the college life. I am so proud to be your big sister. I love ya little bro!!

Love, your big sister.