A Letter To My Boyfriend

A Letter To My Boyfriend

Thanking my boyfriend for everything he does.

3919
A Letter To My Boyfriend
Caroline Cook

Dear boyfriend,

This letter could be made up of multiple things... reasons why I love you, things I love about our relationship, memories we've had or even my favorite top 10 dates we've been on. Yes, I could definitely write something on every one of those topics but instead I think I'm going to sum all of these up by saying THANK YOU. Those two words are so simple yet there is so much more meaning behind them than you think.

Thank you for dating me.

When I say thank you for dating me I mean thank you for not only being WILLING to date someone as stubborn as me but also for being able to do it the right way. Being in a relationship now-a-days is hard for most people our age. No one wants to settle down or stay committed but no matter what you always do. You never fail to show me how important I am to you. You spend quality time with me by doing things we both love to do. You treat me better than I've ever been treated and there are no words to describe how amazing you have been throughout our entire relationship.

Thank you for listening to me.

I know you don't always want to listen to my rants, or my "funny" stories but you do anyways. You never complain when I call you up just to tell you a "short story" that happened to me that day only to sit there for 30 minutes not saying a word. Not only do you listen to my rants and my stories but you listen to ME. You pay attention to the little things I talk about on a day to day basis. You listen to me when I am struggling with something or even excited about accomplishing something. You're the most patient guy I've ever met and I am beyond grateful for you.

Thank you for always encouraging me.

You never let me get down about myself. You remind me every day that I am smart, beautiful, and worthy of more than I thought. All throughout high school I never thought of myself as "one of the smart kids" and thought I would not do good once college hit. You told me otherwise all the time and sure enough here I am in college with a 3.8 GPA. You encourage me to be the best I can be and make sure that I believe it too.

Thank you for teaching me life lessons

You've taught me so much throughout the time we've been dating. You've taught me how to be more organized than I was before LOL. You've taught me what love really means. You've taught me how to truly care about someone. You've taught me how to play games on the Xbox even though I don't like all of them. You've taught me how to cook (better than I was). You've taught me that it's okay to lean on someone other than myself. You've taught me how to trust, but most importantly you've taught me what being in a relationship really takes... commitment. You showed me that you were committed to making this work since day one and I knew I could give you that in return. I've learned many things from you and I continue to learn more every day.

Thank you for ALWAYS making me laugh.

I know it's cliche to say "I have the funniest boyfriend"... but seriously I really do. There are times I'm laughing so hard at you I think my head is going to explode. Even on my bad days you always somehow know how to get even a simple giggle out of me. Our relationship is full of jokes, sarcasm, and laughter and it's the best thing I could ever ask for. It's like having my own personal comedian around 24/7. You make the stressful times a little less stressful, the sad times happier, and the good times even greater.

Thank you for being YOU.

You are unique and so special to me. You have no idea the impact you have made on my life. Our relationship is something that will always have a huge place in my heart and like I've always said you're the best thing that's ever happened to me. You're my best friend and my boyfriend all wrapped into one guy! My guy! You are smart, sweet as can be,and a real pain in the but sometimes, but none the less you're the one I love. This relationship is so great because of YOU. The person you are and the person you are becoming makes me so proud to be your girlfriend.

Thank you for living this life with me. There are so many things I can say but Thank You is definitely all I really need to say. You're appreciated more than what I can put into words. I love you.

Sincerely,

Your girlfriend