A Letter To The Most Important People In My Life

Thank you.

2298

Life can be loud and exhausting. Everything is always go go go, and we never really take the chance to just slow down, breathe, and think about what/who we are grateful for. If you think about it, nothing really matters other than the relationships you build with people while you're on this journey called life. In my short 17 (almost 18) years, I have created unbreakable bonds with so many people. I have lost people and gained people, and both experiences have taught me so much about who I am and who I want to be. With the start of my freshman year at Longwood University coming so soon, I reflected on the relationships I have with people that I genuinely want to carry with me throughout life. Telling people how much they mean to you and how they have impacted you is always a hard thing to do, so I decided to write about the most important people in my life.

To the single most important person in my life, mom, I am so grateful for you. I feel so bad for people that don't have relationships with their mothers because it is the most valuable and strong relationship I have in my life. You have taught me to stand my ground, and to be loving, determined, and caring. You are single-handedly the strongest person I know. You always work hard to provide for our family, to be someone we can talk to, and to be our biggest supporter. I can only hope that my future children will look up to me the way I look up to you.

To the man that stepped up the plate and has been a huge part of my life from a young age, Dustin. Thank you for doing everything you can to keep our family living comfortably. Thank you for treating Colton and I like your own and thank you for teaching me so many key life lessons. I will always credit my dedication and humor to you. You are the epitome of an amazing father and I hope to find a man that is as good to me as you are to mom. Thank you.

To my first best friend, my little brother, Colton. Continue being the caring, compassionate person you are. I know those might not seem like "manly" qualities to you, but they are some of the best qualities that anyone could hope to possess. The way you care for people, old and young, is admirable. You are truly my best friend and leaving you is going to be so difficult. I will always cherish the time we spend together, even if it's spent by you yelling at me to play "Uzi."

To my anime-loving, crazy little sister. You are so special to me. You don't realize it yet, but you are one of the most important people in my life. You can make anyone laugh, even if they're having a bad day. I can honestly say, you are probably one of the funniest people I have ever met. You also are so full of love, even though you like to hide it with an attitude sometimes. I can't wait to see you grow up and accomplish amazing things.

To my still spicy, red-headed GG, thank you. You are one of the most important people in my life, and I can't express how blessed I am to have you as my #1 fan. Thank you for coming to every one of my games, for allowing my friends into your house, and for doing anything and everything possible to make me happy. I can't wait for my children to have you as their Great-GG. You have a heart of gold and I admire you for always wanting to help people.

To my amazing photographer/crafty/baking Grams, you are so important to me. I know I don't tell you enough but I love you so much. You do anything you can to help me, whether it's for school, my room, or anything else. You always make me laugh and I love our lunch dates together. You also make an AMAZING plate of biscuits and gravy. You are the #1 person I go to if I need anything crafty done because you are so talented.

To my absolute best friends: Libby, Madi, Nevaeh, and Chloe, you guys mean the world to me. Libby, you have been in my life longer than any other friend (since our awkward sixth-grade year to be exact). You are the most honest, truthful person I know. You tell me how it is, and that's always a good quality to have in a friend. You also would drop anything for anyone, and I know I can always count on you for anything. Madi, you are the wildest, most hilarious friend I have. You always make people laugh and your ability to see the good in all people is admirable. You also have completely different views from me; however, we are able to look past that and you are one of my best friends. You give the best advice and I know you won't judge me no matter what. Nevaeh, we recently became close but you are the friend that I always needed. You are so encouraging, and you never ridicule any of us for the decisions we make. You have love for so many people and you are the most unique person I know. I really hope to gain some of the wisdom you have. Chloe, you are so important to me. You have the ability to make me laugh even if I am fuming with anger. You are so honest, caring, and such a humbling friend I have. I am going to miss watching you enjoy your high school experience, but I am so glad that I met you last year. I love you all more than you could ever imagine, and I hope to always have y'all by my side in life. Thank you for helping me become the person I am, and for constantly encouraging me to be better.

Finally, to my roommate and hopefully lifelong best friend, Maggie. You are literally the yin to my yang. I mean we couldn't be more opposite; however, your qualities help to level me. You are so strong and determined. You encourage me to look at the beautiful things in life, and your art will always be amazing to me. I can't wait to take on this next chapter with you. I have so much love for you.

Sometimes, you need to stop and think about the amazing people in your life. I only listed a few but there are so many more. It's important to show appreciation to your people.