A Thank You Letter To My Mom

A Thank You Letter To My Mom

For everything you've done for me, whether you knew it or not.

160

Dear Mom,

As both Mother's Day and the end of my first year living away from home come to an end, I've realized the abundance of things that you've done for me that I have to be grateful for. While I can never truly put into words how thankful I am for everything that you've done for me, here's a few that come to mind.

Thank you for always listening to my problems.

And there's a LOT. You let me rant to you about everything and anything without judgement, and I know you're always genuinely concerned about whatever I'm going through. I never have to question whether you're still listening even after hours of talking, and I think I'd go insane without being able to talk to you!

Thank you for doing things you didn't want to do.

Whether it's going to the gym after a long day of work, going to get our nails done, or even going paddle boarding, you're always willing to try the things that I want to do. When I was a kid, you would always make sure that Maura and I had someone to practice our sports with or go on a bike ride with. Even now that we're older, I still I know I can always count on you to try a new restaurant with me or check out vacation spots to visit in the future.

Thank you for being so understanding.  

I definitely wasn't a perfect kid, and there have been some moments where I don't even know how to deal with myself. You never got mad at me over a bad test grade or sports performance, and that gave me the confidence to work my hardest without the fear of failure. That confidence not only got me through the years that I spent at home, but still carries through my work while I'm at school.

Thank you for teaching me how to be strong.

I have watched you face obstacles that I couldn't even imagine facing, and yet you did so with ease and always made sure to take care of Maura and I in the process. You never let the struggles you went through change your view on the world and still continued to remain positive throughout everything, and I try to maintain the same positivity in my life when times get tough.

Thank you for always advocating for me.

No matter what I am getting myself down over, you never fail to remind me of my strengths and how special they are. Whether it's an unfair teacher, a stupid boy, or an unkind friend, you remind me "not to let them rent space in my head" and remind me how precious my time really is. Even when it seems like the whole world is against me, I know I can always count on you to support me and give me the motivation to keep going.

Thank you for everything you have done for me, and all that I know you will continue to do. I love you so much!

Love,

Your Extraordinarily Grateful Daughter