An Open Letter To My Girl Scout Leader

An Open Letter To My Girl Scout Leader

You are the best!

244
Personal Photo
personal

An open letter to my Girl Scout Leader:

You weren't just my Girl Scout leader, but a huge role model to me! You are so kind and caring and made me feel right at home! Joining your troop wasn't just something to do once a week, it helped me with socialization skills that I didn't have when I first joined! You taught me that anything is possible if I put my mind to it!

To be completely honest even though I was out doing good things in the community and trying to make changes, there were still girls that would hate on being a girl scout..they would say "That's so lame" "I'm so glad my mom didn't make me do that." These are now the girls that have very bad communication skills... I kinda feel bad for them...NOT. Oh and just a little FYI my mom didn't make me join, I am the one that suggested it and I really enjoyed it!

It was more than just a uniform to me, it honestly represented my entire childhood, and I was okay with that! This uniform helped me make some of my best friends growing up, and that I still have to this day even though we aren't as close as we used to be, I know for a fact I would be able to count on them...and the same goes for them! You also taught me that each badge meant way more than just going out collecting it and being done, you really taught me to step back and take a look at the bigger picture of the badges!

Now that I am 21 years old, I am no longer a Girl Scout and haven't been for a few years, you can bet I still have all my patches and uniforms collected and all my books. Why might you ask, well I'll tell you why that is a huge part of my life I am still not ready to let go of yet! I sometimes sit here and think oh wow I wish I could sell Girl Scout cookies just one more time in my life...then I step back and say oh never mind that was the craziest time of the entire thing, but honestly I wouldn't have traded it for the world!

Once a Girl Scout always a Girl Scout! You know what they always say "Make new friends,

but keep the old. One is silver, the other is gold. A circle is round, it has no end. That's how long, I will be your friend."

My Girl Scout leader was honestly the best! I loved her then and I love her now! She will always be one of my main supporters! I don't know if I would be where I am today if it wasn't for you! So with that being said, I want to thank you so much for everything you have ever done for me and helping make me a better person!