A Letter To My Future Self

A Letter To My Future Self

I hope you've found your way.

206
A Letter To My Future Self
Unsplash

Dear Future Me,

I would like to start off by saying that I hope you are a better person than I could have ever imagined. I hope you understand the expectations I have for you. You are the most important person in the world to me.

I hope that you have a heart big enough to hold the weight of life's obstacles. I hope you have the strength to live selflessly. Most of all, I hope you have grown so vastly in your walk with God and that you surpass everything and anything I could have ever hoped in accomplishing through His name.

The thing is future me, it's okay to not have everything figured out. Well, I know I most definitely don't have anything in my life under control. To be honest, lately, I've been feeling lost in my purpose. I thought I was headed in one direction, the right direction, with my degree and plans for my future dream job, but now? I am unsure about it all.

I feel like God is calling me to something. What's the right word? Bigger? Greater? Different? I don't know but I can't shake the feeling that the path I am currently on is not the calling God has for my life. Actually, it's more like he gently guided me off one path and now I feel like I am just standing in the brush on the side of the road.

I trust that He has put me on my destined path, I just cannot see it yet. But, future me, I'm hoping that while you are reading this letter you can see the path.I hope that you can not only see the path, but that you have the courage to follow it, embrace it, and seize it for all that it is worth.

Mostly I hope that you are currently giving everything you have in bettering yourself.

Let this letter be an outline for being one of the best testimonies you have to offer the world. And that you crave the courage and will to share it.

Love always,

Your Past Self