A Letter To My Former Teachers

A Letter To My Former Teachers

"Know that you are appreciated, and rightfully so."

311
A Letter To My Former Teachers
theodysseyonline.com

The first thing I must say is thank you. Thank you for being a part of my life and for teaching me so many things that I will never forget or lose sight of. You have all truly shaped me in one way or another, through either your actions, words or presence. If there is a group of people in this country who do not receive the respect they deserve, it is most surely teachers. Teaching is not something that is done selfishly, rather, it involves a passion and drive to share the fruits of your contemplation with those around you. Throughout my years of public schooling back home, I have valued every single experience with my teachers and truly appreciate everything they have given to me and to my peers.

I have had the privilege of meeting some of the most entertaining, enthusiastic, caring and intelligent individuals in my life while at school. While many of my teachers might deny having any connection to these words, their students would most certainly say otherwise. Teaching is not an easy task, as it requires much character, grit, determination and creativity. To say that they are underappreciated would be an understatement. It is time for all who are reading this to be thankful for all that teachers do, day in and day out. If you are a teacher, then know that you are truly valued and appreciated by me, as I will explain further below.

Firsthand, I have experienced the positive impact my former teachers have had on my life. Not only have they pushed me to achieve the highest level of success possible, but they have also filled my young life with memories that will never be forgotten. In school, I have had times when I've laughed so hard that I cried, and times when I felt stressed and overwhelmed. While both of these examples are vastly different in emotion as are the multitude of other great memories I have of school, one thing remains constant, they were all jointly experienced with my peers and my teachers. Some of the funniest jokes I have heard come from my former teachers, as does some of the wisest advice I have ever heard in my life. Teaching is most special because the work you do directly impacts those you teach and come across. My last thoughts are directly addressed to the talented and caring teachers I have had the privilege of meeting with in the past. Without your presence, words and lessons, I might be a very different person than I am today, so thank you.