The Letter To My Ex I Always Wanted To Write
relationships

Its been almost a year since you broke me.

1139

To my ex,

Its been almost a year since you broke me. I'm looking back at everything and realizing that there is something I never got the chance to say to you.

When we broke up, I so selfishly wished you would stay with me. I so selfishly wanted you to risk your own happiness for mine because I believed that was how you loved someone. I thought if you had ever really loved me, you wouldn't have left. I told myself you never really loved me, which I know is a lie. or you wouldn't have spent years with me. But in my mind at the time, that was the only thing that made sense. In my broken heart and mind, that was the only explanation as to why you would leave me. and I wanted so desperately to hate you for doing it. I wanted to hate you for hurting me. I wanted to hate you for breaking me down within three days. I wanted to hate you so badly.

But now, after almost a year, I feel a completely different set of emotions.

I have never been so grateful that you hurt me as I am now.

You did what you had to do to be happy. You left me to find your own happiness, and you also left me to search for my own. Because at that time, I didn't know happiness without you. Which was not healthy. You were right, we were too dependent. I wanted to hate you so desperately back then, but now I am so grateful you made the decision you did.

Without you leaving, I would have never been forced to figure out my own happiness. I would have never been forced to start being more selfish with my time and who I spend it with. I would have never been searched to figure out who I was without you. Without you leaving, I would not be who I am today. I would not be so proud of how far I have come. I would not be with the amazing man I am with now. I would never have had to pick myself up and claw my way back up to a high point. I would have never become who I was meant to be all along. So thank you.

Thank you for forcing me to grow, and grow up. Thank you for pushing me. Thank you for teaching me who I really am.

I am so happy for you. I am so happy for you pursuing your dream. I am so happy for you and how far you have come. You are going to do great things, just like I am. And I'm glad we are doing those things, apart. I am hopeful you stay on this path to do well, and I am hopeful that life works out in your favor. Please know I hold no more ill will towards you, and I wish you nothing but peace, love, happiness, and positivity.

Sincerely,

Your ex-girlfriend