A Letter To my Boyfriend

A Letter To my Boyfriend

Thank You For Choosing Me

1647
A Letter To my Boyfriend
Author

Christian David Englund,

When I first actually met you I knew you were special. At the time I did not think anything of it because I didn’t think in a million years that a tall, handsome and funny guy would ever like me out of all people. You stuck out to me not only because you’re a literal tree compared to me, but because you were the most genuine person I had met in a long time. We started hanging out and I remember vividly when I really started liking you. That night really started after you gave me the rest of your curly fries. I started to do my little food dance and you laughed at me and told me how ridiculous I was. I kept sending hints (which you later told me were quite obvious) that I wanted to hangout and you invited me back to your room where we hung out with your roommate and his girlfriend. After a while, we decided to walk around campus a bit, and that’s when I truly saw what a goof you were. We were listening to Russ and just goofing off and I didn’t want the night to end. But that’s really when I discovered I liked you. After that Is history and I am now happiest that I have been in a while.

You always tease me because I could not see that you were into me. You find it insane that I never caught on and that I literally had no idea that you liked me. But in actuality I really did not know, and frankly I didn’t (still don’t) understand why. You are most definitely way out of my league. You are outgoing, friendly, insanely smart, incredibly handsome, extraordinarily talented and you like me? I always tell you how lucky I am to have met you when I did and to be able to call you mine, and you always say that it’s you that is lucky but in all honesty it truly is me. Any girl could have had you out of the myriad of them that wanted you and you chose me.

You never cease to amaze me. You know the most random facts and you are the biggest smart ass I have ever met. Everyday I learn something new about you that makes me question why you would even think to choose someone like me. Someone who can barely remember what day it is. But you are always right there reminding me that all those little quirks and things I cannot stand about myself are reasons why you like me. Because even though I question myself everyday, you are right there telling me that I have no reason to.

You understand I am not the most confident person with many insecurities. You believe in me when I don’t believe in myself. You are one of my biggest supporters and you are there for me no matter if it is an inconvenience to you. We have not been together for very long, but in the short period we have been, you have made me a better person.

You have become my safe space. The person/place I go to when I feel like I cannot move forward. The person I go to when I just need to cry a little. There have been times where I have a broken down in front of you and rather than making me feel silly you make me feel safe.

You always go out of your way to make me feel special. There is not a day that goes by that you do not call me beautiful at least 12 times. You are always there to tell me that even though I hate how big my nose is you love it, and I wouldn’t be me without it. Not to mention the way you look at me makes me feel like I am the only girl in the world and I have never felt like that before.

This was something I never expected to happen. I never thought that I would fall for a 6”4’, curly haired, brainiac that is super talented and competitive and is probably one of the weirdest people I have ever met. But I am so beyond lucky to say that that person is you, and you are mine, and I will forever appreciate that you chose me.