Letter To The Man Who's About To Marry My Best Friend

To The Man Who's About To Marry My Best Friend, I'm So Happy It's You

There's no one else I'd rather give up the "best friend" title for.

265
Whitni Duffey

You're getting ready to marry the love of your life. I'm getting ready to stand beside my best friend and watch her marry the love of her life. I don't think I've ever told you, but I'm so glad it's you.

First off, I'm so happy she found you. We've talked about stuff like this since we were little kids. We spent many nights at countless sleepovers talking about our weddings. We dreamed about the people we would end up marrying. It's crazy to think that we're finally at the point in our lives where she found the person she's going to spend the rest of her life with.

Take it from someone who has been a part of her life for a long time now — I've never seen her happier than she is when she's with you. You put a smile on her face that's bigger than any I've ever seen on her. And that makes me happy.

Secondly, she deserves the world and I have no doubt you'll give it to her. (If you don't, I WILL hunt you down). I've never met another person who loves so deeply or lights up a room as she does. Of course, I'm sure you have noticed this by now. She is so willing to put her needs after those of others and she will most definitely do this for you. Don't forget to thank her for it. She'll never ask for a thank you but those simple words will mean so much to her.

Finally, there is no one I would rather give up my "best friend" title for. I've been friends with her since we met in our elementary school classroom. We've grown up together and honestly, she's more like a sister than a friend. The day she introduced me to you, I knew it was just a matter of time. I'm so glad she found her life-long best friend in you.

All I ask is that you follow all the rules that a best friend and more importantly, a future husband, should. Keep her secrets. Make her laugh. Support her no matter what. And most importantly, be there for her through it all. We're all trusting you to take care of her. I know that you won't let us down.