A Letter To The Loved One I've Been Neglecting

I didn't forget about you, I promise.

91

To the loved one I've been neglecting,

I may not be your favorite person right now, but hear me out for a second.

I'll admit it. I haven't been around as much as either of us would like lately. In fact, I haven't been finding the time for a lot of things I once considered important in my life. I couldn't see it for a while, but my remorse for this neglect, especially on my personal relationships, has reached immeasurable levels.

I have never stopped caring about you, not even for a fraction of a second, and there's no chance I ever will. I hope you know that and never forget it. You have always been important to me and nothing will ever change that.

None of my neglect has been, nor will it ever be, intentional. With countless changes and complications sporadically spouting up throughout my life as of late, my head hasn't always been screwed on as tight as I would like. So please don't take my absent-mindedness as an attack on you. I just haven't been all there.

There's actually nothing I miss more than you right now, even if I'm the one who accidentally and inadvertently drove this wedge between us. I've been getting caught up in the moment and just forgot to remind myself of what is truly important in life. I care about you infinitely, and that has never changed. I'm just not always the best at showing it.

That's why things have to change on my end, starting today. I care too much about you and our relationship to keep allowing it to continue down this path. That means countless more phone calls, recurring dinner dates, and more time spent just kicking back and enjoying each others company in general.

I can't even begin to forgive myself for wasting even a moment of time neglecting you and the relationship we've spent so much time building. I've never been so remorseful in my life to have let such precious, irretrievable time slip through my fingers. Yet all we can do is take advantage of the time we have left with each other, no matter how long or short that may be. And all I can do is apologize.

So hear me out. I always have and always will love you. Nothing ever changed, and nothing ever will. All I'm asking for is a pinch of forgiveness and a second chance.

Sincerely,

A Guilt-Ridden Loved One