A Letter to the Lonely

A Letter to the Lonely

It sucks to feel all alone, but it can't last forever.

10128
A Letter to the Lonely
Kurld

My Friend,

I know that you are reading this in your room on the brink of tears. You feel left out, alone, unwanted and not valued. What you need to know right now in this moment is that none of the above is true. I know it sucks. I've been there and I don't know if I'll ever not be there at certain times. Loneliness is a very powerful feeling, and it can take a day full of joy away in a matter of seconds. But you aren't alone. I know it feels like it and maybe you think everyone hates you, but people love you. They care for you. It might bee expressed in another way but there are people out there on your side.

First, it's easy to blame loneliness on the fact that you might hate to socialize, which it true. It a lonely world when you're an introvert. But I know so many extroverts that struggle with loneliness. Here's the thing about loneliness, it loves to hit you when you are surrounded by the people that love you the most. I dare you to fight out against it next it time it hits you like a huge wave. Another thing is when it hit you when you're with people is to tell someone. Tell someone that you need to be held or to be loved. That's not a sign of weakness, it's a sign of strength. Asking for help isn't easy, but once you do, it's like that joy that left you is back again.

I think all of us need to remember that loneliness is a temporary feeling. It hits hard when it strikes, but it can't last forever. Nothing on this earth can last forever. One day of loneliness doesn't mean that you're sentenced to a life of loneliness. I know it feels like it will go on and on and on. I have my days where it feels like that, but it's not going to. I promise. Wanna know how I know? I'm here, telling you what it's like to not feel lonely.

Something that's become my anthem since I started college is that this too, shall pass. Storm pass and wars can't last forever. I just want you all to know that while you're in this season of loneliness that you are important and that it might not seem like it, but you are. There is someone who needs you more than anything else in this world. Loneliness has the ability to strip that away from you and it sucks. It's not fair, but it's the way things go. I'm sorry that I don't have an answer to make it better, but I do know what you're going through. I feel so alone at least once a day. Sometimes it lasts other times it's the quickest wave ever. Even in your loneliness, know that others feel the exact same way that you feel. I believe in you and you will get through this.

From,

A friend who struggles with being lonely.