A Letter to My Sister's Fiance

A Letter to My Sister's Fiance

A letter to my sister's fiance. You're the luckiest guy in the world.

672
A Letter to My Sister's Fiance

To My Sister's Fiance,

Congratulations! You've made my sister the happiest girl in the world and she loves you with all her heart. You two make a beautiful couple and I know that will continue in the future. Now onto the other details. You've proposed and you think you know everything about her, but there is still some stuff you're missing. You may think, "This girl's crazy! I'm her fiancé, of course I know everything about her!" That is a foolish statement. I've been with her 19 years, and we've been through everything together. I was there when she was a teenager and had her first heart break. I was only 8 at the time, so I didn't fully understand it, but I was there. I was there when she went to college and I missed her like crazy. There were days when we would argue, but we always made sure we were both laughing a few minutes later. There were times when we were sad, but we knew exactly how to cheer one another up. The real reason I'm writing this letter is to make sure you know how to take care of my sister and continue to make her happy, which I know you will.

My sister and I grew up strong. We had two brothers who we tried to keep up with, but most of the time couldn't. Either way, she isn't afraid to get a little dirt under her fingernails. She loves to garden and ride bikes. Traveling is a must so make sure to surprise her with trips and be adventurous. My sister has worked hard for everything she has gotten. Spoil her like crazy. Pick her up flowers and chocolates. Make reservations at her favorite restaurant for Friday night or just have a bottle of her favorite wine waiting at home. She deserves all the good things in life and now it's your responsibility to give those to her. I know she will do the same for you.

My sister is amazing. She is the most caring, giving, and wonderful sister in the world and she will be the perfect wife. She is selfless and always put your happiness before her own. You may be thinking, how do you know? I know because for the past 19 years she has been putting my happiness before her own. She has been there whenever I needed her and I know she always will be. I know you love her and both of your lives will be wonderful. Just remember we all love her too. Welcome to the family! You're the luckiest guy in the world.

Love,

Your new sister in law