A Letter To My Mom

A Letter To My Mom

Thank you for everything and more.

11
A Letter To My Mom
Google

Dear Mom,

I want you to know that you are and always will be one of the most important people to have ever been part of my life. You are the reason I am the person I am today. From the moment I entered into this world you have given me an abundance of love; and I don’t know if I can ever explain to you how thankful I am to call you my mommy.

Thank you for being there when I fell down to kiss away the pain of the scratches. You were my most favorite playmate growing up. Oh, and thanks for always making sure I didn’t leave the house without a coat on when it was cold out. Sometimes I like to think I know what is best for me, but it seems you are always one step ahead of me in that department; whether I want to admit it or not.

Mom, I thank God every day for letting my guardian angel walk beside me on this earth.

As I am getting older now, I’m starting to realize that I won’t have the pleasure of having you by my side every day. That is something I took for granted. I didn’t quite understand how lucky I was in high school to be living with you and having your guidance every day. But as I am beginning to enter into young adulthood I am starting to really understand everything you have done for me. Life is hard enough just having to worry and take care of yourself, but taking on the responsibility to care for me is truly priceless. This is a relentless, but beautiful world. It could easily chew you up and spit you out if you let it. But thank you for teaching me that I am strong enough to always push through, and giving me the tools to continuously carry on. I’m only on the beginning of my journey into adulthood and already I am experiencing the many things you have warned me of. It isn’t easy, but because of you I am getting through it. You have given me confidence in myself, knowledge of my self-worth, but most importantly love. You showed me what true love is. You have showed me what I deserve and that I shouldn’t settle in life with anyone who will give me less than that. I want to thank you for giving me these gifts, because in the broken world we live in today these are essential for getting through.

I want to make a promise to you. I promise you that I will always try. I will always push on even if it feels like the world is crashing around me. I will not give up. I promise to fully live in every moment. You gave me a chance at life and I want to live it fully for you. I know I can never repay you for all the things you have done for me, but this is my small step in trying.

Near or far apart you will forever be on my heart.

I love you Mom, always.

Love,

Your Daughter / Son