For The Little Brother Who Isn’t So Little Anymore

For The Little Brother Who Grew Up When You Weren't Looking

No matter how grown up we are, you will always be my little brother and I will always be your big sister.

915

When we were younger, it was so much easier to see you as my baby brother. I think it is because you were so little and innocent. I will always think of you like the tiny little boy with big brown eyes. I always have felt the need to protect you, but I think that is just part of being a big sister. I would get so mad if I heard anyone being mean to you. Nobody was allowed to be mean to my little brother except me because let's be honest I was probably the meanest person to you, but that is also just part of being a big sister.

If I am being completely honest, my favorite thing about you was the fact that you did EVERYTHING that I told you to do; you were like my little robot. Somewhere along the way, you decided to grow up. You went from being a foot shorter than me to a foot taller and I realized you didn't need me to protect you anymore. In fact, it went from me protecting you to you protecting me. What is the worst part of you growing up? The fact that you don't do ANYTHING I say anymore!

Being able to watch you grow up into your own person has been the most amazing experience. At some point, as we were growing up you went from my little brother to my best friend. When we were little we did everything together because we had to, but now we do it because we want to. It was hard going away to college because I had to go from seeing you every day to seeing you every few weeks. It is even harder now that you're in college because I see you even less now.

Being your big sister has made the best version of myself. I have always strived to be the person that you can be proud to call your big sister. You have always been my biggest supporter, you always listen to all my crazy ideas and tell me if they get too crazy. You aren't afraid to tell me the truth when I really need to hear it. Sometimes it feels like you are the older sibling because I find myself coming to you for advice; you always know what to say and when to say it. Thank you for reminding me of my self worth and reminding me of what I deserve in life. I am forever grateful that God blessed me with a little brother like you. You are my sunshine, I love you to the moon and back.

P.S. I also just wanted to say that you are so lucky to have me as your sister. I may have been a little mean to you, but it gave you character. If you didn't have me to teach you how to treat a girl you would be single for the rest of your life, so you're welcome for that.