A Letter From 2017, To 2016

A Letter From 2017, To 2016

I am ready to replace you and be what you were not capable of being. I am ready to give people another fresh start. I am ready to bring the better to people's lives.

17
A Letter From 2017, To 2016

Dear 2016,

I'm 2017. Nice to finally meet you. I've heard a lot about you.

Let me tell you something about myself, so you can get to know me a little bit better. I am determined. I am passionate. I am inspired. I am independent. I am respectful. I am thankful. I am hopeful. I am strong. I love those who are close to me, but I also know how to love myself. I say yes to the opportunities in front of me, but I also know when to say no. I am ready to face the obstacles in front of me proudly. I will not let others tell me what I am worth. I know what makes me happy. I know how to be happy with myself. I know I deserve nothing but the best.

I am an improved and better version of you.

I've written this letter to you not to bash on you. You've had your good and bad. You've brought a great time for some people. You've opened doors with a lot of opportunities for some people. You've brought some of the greatest memories. You also created the greatest friendships and relationships. So on behalf of those people, I would like to thank you for all that you've done.

But at the same time, for those that you brought down, I want to speak on behalf of them too. I am ready to replace you for them. For those who you've brought sleepless nights, I am ready to bring them dreams that make them feel inspired. For those who you've brought endless, heartbreaking tears, I am ready to give them tears of laughter and happiness. For those who you've ended relationships with, I am ready to show them what love really is. For those who you've made lose themselves, I am ready to show them how important they are in this world.

I hope people treat me as great as I will treat them. I hope people will see me with new eyes. I hope they are able let go of you. I hope people will stop letting you control their happiness. I hope that they will take their happiness into their own hands. I hope they will stop letting someone else control their happiness and learn to make themselves happy first. I hope people will let go of the past and move on forward with me.

There is one more thing about me. I am optimistic. I am going to use what you did to these people and teach them to be optimistic like me. I am going to show them that they have grown from every experience, the good or the bad. I am going to show them that they are better than who they see in the mirror. I am going to show them that they can be determined to reach for the stars. I am going to teach them to be passionate and inspired in this world of opportunities. I am going to teach them to be independent, so that they know how to fall back and depend on themselves. I am going to teach them to be respectful of others, for world peace. I am going to show them to be thankful for what they have and the people who love them. I am going to bring hope in their life that things can get better. They will become stronger. They will know how to love themselves first. They will not only know happiness, but be able to feel and touch it.

They will say yes to opportunities. They will be facing every obstacle out there. They will be optimistic about me.

And most importantly, I will remind them everyday that they deserve the best.

So goodbye 2016. You've had your fun. It's my turn, and for the better.

Sincerely,
2017 ~