A Letter To My Freshman Roommate

A Letter To My Freshman Roommate

A random flowing of thoughts about our freshman year of college.

36
A Letter To My Freshman Roommate
Bustle

Dear Freshman Roommate,

Our time as roommates is coming to a close and I wanted to let you know just how much you mean to me. I remember walking in terrified on move-in day, with no idea as to whether or not you were going to be a stuck-up bitch or not, but feeling immediate relief as we bonded over my (overpriced) Harry Potter comforter. That started a whirlwind of friendship, from late night movies and Cook-Out. Even when we didn't spend much time together, coming back to the room at night and spending hours laying in bed in the dark, talking to each other and giggling about some random penguin post on facebook lit up my day.

You are the one person whom I can tell everything to and whom I can share my frustrations and life problems, with no judgmental comments or anything. Ranting over our favorite Netflix shows has become one of my favorite pastimes and screaming about new things you've read in your quest to finish Harry Potter is my favorite way to end the day. I cannot begin to express how much I love our nighttime gossip sessions and how therapeutic they are. You are such an optimistic person and I love that about you.

There's so much I want to thank you for and I know I won't think of it all, but I want to elaborate on some. Thank you for being there for me during one of my worst panic attacks and talking me through it. You have no idea how much that meant to me. Thank you for being there to unlock the door for me SO MANY TIMES and saving me a lot of money. Thank you for listening to me when I wanted to rant about my life frustrations and helping me feel better. I will always be there for you to talk about anything and everything, from food, to sex and guys. (BTW, no guy will ever be good enough for you.)

I know that I can be myself around you.You are my best friend and I love you so so much. I will always be there for you and even though we may not be living together, I am constantly going to be crashing at your place and I know you will always be at mine as well. You make me question moving in with my boyfriend, because I know that even though I love him, he will never be you.

I can't begin to express how much you mean to me and honestly, I'm jealous of your future roommate, because even though I love her too, I'm scared she might replace me. (even though no one can ;)) I also know it's ridiculous to be so sad over us moving out when we are going to be living less than a mile away from each other.

I love you so much, You are the Rachel to my Monica and you are the sister I never had. I will always love you. I see you being the maid-of-honor at my wedding someday and I am excited to see how our friendship grows.

See you later, Roomie :)

From Your Site Articles