An Open Letter To Young Girls

An Open Letter To Young Girls

Please remember these things as you grow.

148
An Open Letter To Young Girls

Leave the boys alone, they will only break your heart.

Don't talk badly about each other to your mutual friends. It will create drama between you and your friends that isn't worth the mental stress or hurt feelings.

School sucks, but it will give you the opportunity to grow in ways many people have to fight for. Education can be a powerful tool for financial stability and even self-confidence. Pay attention to what you are learning, I promise you'll end up using it.

Be open to learning. The more you learn, the better understanding you have of yourself and the world you live in. Intelligence is one of the few possessions that will belong only to you, so nourish it.

Don't rush into sex. Protect the parts of yourself that people take for granted. Your body is one of the greatest and most important things you could ever share, don't give it away for free. Save it for the person who honors it.

Sex is becoming a casual past-time, an unimportant need. Don't allow yourself to be a temporary fix for someone else's craving.

Be careful of setting your plans in stone. Don't get consumed with achieving the things society tells you makes you successful. Go in the direction that makes you happy, always. There is no timeline you need to maintain.

Don't be mean to your peers. Everyone struggles in ways that you don't understand. Don't contribute to their struggles, and don't torment them with lasting words. Help the people around you and stick up for those who can't stick up for themselves. They will remember it for the rest of their lives. The world needs more bright light to contradict the dark. Be a light.

Don't worry about fitting in. It robs you of discovering the best parts of yourself. The sooner you learn to accept yourself, the happier you will be.

Be careful of who you give the best parts of yourself too. Don't give your heart and trust away for free. If they don't make you feel good in return, don't waste your time. People will use you as much as you let them, so protect yourself, fiercely. Don't give away your best qualities to people who don't return the favor, because eventually, you are going to feel empty from fighting to make someone else feel full.

Form your own opinions. Don't believe something just because your friends or your parents believe it. Research, read, watch, learn, and come to your own individual conclusion. Different does not equal wrong.

The faster you learn to be assertive, the less time you will waste doing things you don't want to do. Your time is precious. Your effort is precious. Don't waste it on things that are insignificant. Pursue what makes you feel good, and don't live to please other people.

Be a good friend. Friends are monumental gifts in life that can save you when you are at your very lowest. Your friends are the last people standing when everyone else has left you behind, so honor them and take time to nurture and invest in your friendships.

Spend time with people who are better than you. Spend time with people who are more talented, better with money, who get better grades. You will learn a lot from the people around you, and in many instances, you will adopt their mannerisms and personality traits. Use this as an opportunity to push yourself and grow into a better version of you.

Take care of your body, it's a reflection of your self-love. Love yourself enough to eat for health, exercise and relax. Be careful of what you put into your body and stay away from negative self-talk. Adopt ways to manage and relieve stress.

Remember that you are in charge of protecting yourself and you are responsible for becoming the person you want to be. practice self-appreciation, surround yourself with love and encouragement and make your grandest effort to stay away from anything that brings you harm.

You are a beautiful addition to the Earth, treat yourself as such.