A Letter To My Fellow Seniors

A Letter To My Fellow Seniors

Let's make our last year the best year.

347
A Letter To My Fellow Seniors
Elmira College

Dear classmates,

Here we are: senior year. I feel like we were just freshman in orientation yesterday, and now here we are getting ready for the real world. We only have a few classes left, and then we will be walking across a stage in a cap and gown to receive our diplomas. It feels like we should have so much more time, but we’re almost done. It’s hard to accumulate all of my thoughts about these past few years, but I have some things I do want to share with you.

Going into school freshman year, I honestly did not know what to expect. I didn’t know if the friends I made thus far would remain my friends in the future, I didn’t know whether I was going to love actually being there or not, and I didn’t know how well I would get along with the rest of you. Going in with all of these thoughts going through my head, plus more, made me extremely anxious. But then I realized I wasn’t alone. You guys were all going through the same thing I was. Entering college, especially one like ours where you don’t know a lot of people going in, is a crazy experience. I would not have wanted to begin this learning experience with anyone else.

We’ve learned so much together, and have grown as people. I’ve watched, not only myself, but others in our class learn their limits and defied odds. We went through roommate drama, friend drama, school drama, and so much more. But we stuck together through it all. I have never felt a time where our class was ever divided on an issue. We are so lucky to have each other. I feel as though I can always talk to you guys about classes and the school itself, because I feel like you guys would understand the most. We started this crazy experience together, and we’re ending it together too.

We’ve had quite the journey to get to this point. There were some hard times, but we should focus on having fun this year. It is our last year of college. We will have to worry about the real world soon. Let’s take advantage of our last year at our wonderful school, before we earn the title “alum” instead of “student.” Let’s take fun classes, go to fun events on campus, and just hang out. This is not a year that can be wasted away; we can’t afford that. We need to make the most out of it and make it the most memorable year of college.

I’m sad that our journey at school will end soon. However, you guys will always hold a special part in my heart. You are my classmates. You guys are the ones who helped make all four years of college memorable. Thank you guys for being so wonderful. Cheers to us, Class of 2017. Let’s make this year the best one yet.