Dear Mom,

Dear Mom,

I know I say it, but I know I need to say it more, thank you.
28

Dear Mom,

I know I say it, but I know I need to say it more, thank you. Thank you for being my mom. Thank you for being my first friend. And thank you for becoming and staying my best friend.

I know sometimes we don't always see eye to eye, and I know you're usually right. So, I'm sorry but, sometimes just listening to you isn't enough, even though it should be. I need to experience somethings for myself, only to realize you were right in the end. I take it back, you're always right, even if I don't always tell you so.

Thank you for being my hero, the woman I want to be when I grow up. I've never met another person as amazing as you are. The way you love and care and nourish all that grows around you, it's honorable. I want to be like that. I want to be like you.

Thank you for being the best mom anyone could ever ask for, as cliche as that might sound. For the little things that you do, like bringing me home a coffee, even though I didn't ask. You know how much I love my iced coffee. Or when you go to the store and grab me a pack of gum, because somehow you knew I only had a few pieces left in my bag before I even realized.

Thank you for the big things, the Christmas's I know you bust your butt for and stress about hoping it'll be enough, it's enough. The birthday's dinner and always having my favorite cake, cheesecake, even if people say it's not a real cake.

Thank you for letting me cry on you when things get to be too much, and making me a cup of tea to cheer me up and calm me down. And thank you for pretending that you don't see me cry when you know I'm trying to hide it.

Thank you for being there for me and supporting me in all I do. For encouraging me, for pushing me and having confidence in me, even when I don't have it in myself.

So, thank you, mom. Thank you for everything. You're the best. I appreciate all that you do, and I can't imagine who I would be without you. I'm lucky to have someone as great as you to be in my life and look up to.

I love you more than you'll ever know.

To the stars and the moon and back again.

I love you, Mom. Thank you,

Your baby girl I'll always be.