A Letter To My BFF Who Moved Away

A Letter To My BFF Who Moved Away

This letter is partly a thank you note and partly wanting to express how much I miss you.
293

High school friends come and go, but sometimes there comes the rare one that stays with you forever, not literally, but in your heart. This letter is partly a thank you note and partly wanting to express how I miss you.

When I moved to your school, I wasn't expecting to find friends or let alone a life-long friendship. You scooped me up and took me in as your own and made me feel like I had known you and your friends for years. I knew instantly that we were gonna have a blossoming friendship throughout high school, and hopefully beyond. With that being said, I want to tell you thank you.

Thank you for being the person there when you knew I had no one. Thank you for coming over just to cheer me up or because you needed cheering up. Thank you for the countless Wal-Mart sandwich adventures we endured.

Thank you for the times we stayed up all night making up dumb stories, listening to crazy music, and watching cringe-worthy videos. Mostly I want to thank you for showing me unconditional love and support and for being there for me when you didn't have to be.

When you told me you were moving to Canada, my heart broke a little. I wasn't ready to give up quality best friend time, but I knew it was what you needed and wanted to do. I will forever be grateful that you found something and someone to make you happy and encourage you to broaden your horizons.

I want to say I am proud of you for how much you've grown since we met back in our sophomore year of high school. You've come so far and matured so much it's almost insane.

Even though you're 2,500+ miles away, even though we don't talk every day like we used to, you're still my very best friend and I am still your number one supporter.

I live for when you come back to visit, and I hope one day I can come experience a glimpse of your new life. I am incredibly proud of you and all of your accomplishments and I wish you the absolute best when it comes to life.

You will forever be my very best friend, no matter how much distance is between us. I miss you, I love you, and I'm glad to see you living your best life even if it's in Canada.