To My Best Friend Going To A Different College

Remember, no matter where you go or what you do, I will always be your biggest fan.

246
Caroline Cook

Dear best friend,

Thank you for all of the years we've had together. Our friendship is iconic and always will be no matter what. The memories are countless and ones I cherish so close to my heart every day. You are my other half. You've been there for me basically my whole life and I really can't imagine where I would be or for that matter WHO I would be without you.

Living five minutes away from you since kindergarten was the best thing in the world. Once I started to drive you better believe I could get to your house in two minutes and 30 seconds without hitting the light. We have been in sync for so long now and the one thing I never thought we'd have to do finally happened... we had to go our separate ways.

Leaving you behind, nearly four hours away, honestly scared me. I didn't get to just pack you up and bring you with me no matter how much I wanted to. You knew you had to do what was best for you and go to the college of your choice and I had to do the same. But that didn't make it any easier. We could no longer go for rides while jamming to our favorite songs and make videos. We could no longer spontaneously go to ATL for day trips without telling our parents. We could no longer go to late night movies, camping in your front yard in the middle of winter, or do our fun photo shoots.

I knew things would be different and that I would miss you more than anything.

However, as the semester went on we called each other, texted each other, and even face-timed whenever we could.You visited me when our schools played each other and we made the best out of the time we had. We had to make some adjustments and that was okay with me. I want to tell you that no matter how far apart we are you'll always be my best friend. You're always going to be the one I go to for support, friendship, happiness, the truth, and so much more. I look forward to coming home to see you and doing those things we use to do when we lived in the same town!

I look forward to hearing how college is and hearing about all you're accomplishing. I love to know you're doing what's best for yourself. I know you'll go so far in this life and I am so lucky that I get to be the one to see you prosper. You have so much to offer and you're going to do big things in this world. This friendship is one that will last forever and I hope you know that's a promise. Sure, our lives are different than they use to be... we've made new friends, done different things, went different paths, but our friendship still stands just as strong if not stronger.

So here's to all of the years we've been the dynamic duo and many more to come!

Remember, no matter where you go or what you do, I will always be your biggest fan. You'll be standing beside me one day at my wedding and being basically an aunt to my future kids. Our friendship is unstoppable and distance has nothing on us! I love you and cherish everything you've done for me throughout the years.

Thank you for being my true forever friend.

Love,

Your best friend