An Open Letter To My Anxiety

An Open Letter To My Anxiety

*Kendrick Lamar voice* anxiety, anxiety,anxiety
51

Dear Anxiety,

We both know each other all too well. Throughout these past five years we have definitely been through a lot. You’re one of the constants in my life but I wish you would finally go away. Why did you choose me, I’ll never exactly know for sure. But I wish you hadn’t found me, or at least didn't think you always had to stick around. I’m angry at you anxiety. You’ve wasted so much of my time and energy. Why do you always feel the need to have me stressed out about everything. It’s not fair, so much of my life has been spent waiting for you to go away. You’re always there, watching me, waiting for me to break. Why won’t you just let me live my life? You’re present in everything that I do. Why do you make it so difficult for me to make friends? Why do you always make me feel uncomfortable? No matter how hard I try to forget you, you’re always there. For a while you disappeared. I honestly thought it was too good to be true. But, like always, you tricked me into thinking that things were going to be ok. That something, finally, would change and I could try and move on with my life. But no, you always find your way back to me. Living with you is like being apart of a toxic relationship. You take so much from me and I get nothing in return. I wish you didn’t feel the need to always interfere with everything that I have going on. I wish you didn’t feel the need to inflict pain on me and so many others. I wish I could know what life is like without you…… But I can’t.

Sincerely,

Me