To The Person Who Thinks People Are “Trying Too Hard On Social Media”

There’s an unfollow button for a reason.
25

To the author of “To The Person Trying Way Too Hard On Social Media,”

I’m not really sure how other people’s social media presence affects your life in any way. If someone posts a picture on Instagram every two months or every two days, does it really matter? I’ll give you a hint: it doesn’t.

It doesn’t matter because it isn’t your social media. Whether it be Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, or any other social media platform, everyone is allowed to post whatever they want as well as however much they want.

If you don’t feel the need to post about every aspect of your life that’s fine, that’s your choice. However, you have no right telling others they are “trying too hard” if they want to share what’s going on in their life with their friends and family. That is the whole point of social media.

I for one love taking pictures every chance I get so I can remember and document the fun moments in my life. Not everyone is like that, and that’s okay. What’s not okay is telling people that they need to put down their phone or else they will never enjoy the moment for what it is.

If it annoys you that much that people want to post about their life, there’s a simple solution: unfollow them. But you do not have the right to sit there and try to tell people how to run their social media accounts.

Sincerely,

Someone Who Loves To Share Their Life On Social Media