1. Put me on: Tell me what's going on or what's up.
"Wait I want to know. Put me on!"
2. Brick: Extremely cold...more like borderline freezing.
"It's brick out here, yo!"
3. Fronting: When your friend is acting different for some reason (fake) or simply not telling the truth.
"C'mon, why you fronting like that?"
4. Gully: An authentic product of the streets, a synonym for "gangsta".
"Did you just see that move? Your friend is straight gully!"
5. Kicks: Sneakers, but like wavy ones that are the real deal (converse doesn't count).
"Those kicks are fresh, no lie."
6. Wavy: Cool, lit...
"It's bout to get wavy."
7. Mad: Used to describe extra emphasis, applies to the word that succeeds it.
"Why you mad upset right now?"
8. Dead-ass: Being so serious.
"Dead-ass, you right you right."
9. OD/odee: Really overdoing something, to the point where someone needs to step in.
"You're being OD right now, man, just chill."
10. My hood: Home, the place that you consider yourself from and have allegiance to,—does not have to refer to a "bad" neighborhood as commonly perceived.
"It's good to be home for the summer cause this here, this is my hood."
Cover Image Credit: Sierra Berkel