8 Lessons On Love That I Learned From Jim And Pam

Jim and Pam taught us all what a perfect couple looks like.

1222

If you’ve watched more than a season or two of the Office, then you know that Jim and Pam Halpert are relationship goals. There are a lot of reasons why Jim and Pam are a great couple, and a lot of lessons on love that we can learn from them. Here are some that I’ve gained in my multiple times watching of the show.

1. Good things come to those who wait.

In the early seasons of the show, Pam was engaged to Roy. That didn’t keep Jim from falling for her, he had to watch as she was in love with someone else. But he waited for her. Jim and Pam showed me that the person you love is worth the wait.

2. The best couples start as friends.

Before Jim and Pam were a couple, they were friends, pulling pranks on Dwight, making hilarious inside jokes, and putting us all through that agony of seeing how much they should be together. Jim and Pam were best friends before they were a couple, and they taught me that friendship is what makes the strongest relationships.

3. Sometimes you have to be cheesy.

Jim and Pam had their moments of total romance, that were so cheesy that I wanted to vomit. Whether it was their adorable Christmas presents or the literal cheesy moment when they shared a grilled cheese on the roof of Dunder Mifflin. They showed me that a romantic moment is a good thing every once in a while.

4. You have to bear your soul for love.

The Office fans know the pain of the moment that Jim told Pam that he loved her for the first time. She told him that she only liked him as a friend. Jim knew that he couldn’t hide his feelings any more and it worked out for him as the two shared their first kiss not long after. This scene showed me that sometime you have to give out your heart, even if you might be afraid that it’ll break.

5. Support is important.

Throughout the series, Jim and Pam have gone off to chase different dreams of theirs. Both have had to be an emotional supporter for the other time and again and support each others dreams. They showed me just how important it is to support the dreams of the person you love.

6. Even soulmates fight.

Towards the end of the series, Jim takes a job in Philadelphia and doesn’t tell Pam about it. This causes some problems within their relationship, leading to them having to go through marriage counseling. But they work their way through it, and it makes them stronger in the end. This taught me that even people that are perfect for each other fight, but communication and honesty can fix even the biggest issues.

7. Never lose your sense of humor.

Jim and Pam never stopped making jokes with each other. They were pulling pranks and making jokes from when they were friends to when they were married and had two kids. They taught me that humor is always an important part of any relationship.

8. Never let the person you love forget that you love them.

Throughout the series, Jim found ways of showing Pam that he loves her. He always took the time to compliment her. Like anyone, Pam had moments where she forgot that Jim was in love with her. But time and again, the two would have a few moments of letting each other know that they were a perfect couple. Jim taught me that a random reminder of how much you love someone is always important.

I've learned a lot of lessons about love from a lot of different places, but Jim and Pam have really showed me what a perfect couple is. They've taught me a lot of lessons about how to become a better couple that I really have taken to heart in my own relationship.