3 Valuable Lessons Quarantine Taught Us

Sure, Quarantine Is A Pain, But It's Taught Us Three Valuable Lessons

There is always positive in the negative.

365
Photo by BRUNO CERVERA on Unsplash

During this time, we have all had our lives and plans turned upside down. Everyone is forced to stay inside, college and high school students had their school year cut short, and some adults are now jobless. Although the virus has had some negative effects on our way of life, we now have the opportunity to slow down, self-reflect, and focus on the positive things that isolation has taught us.

Isolation has taught us that we take our friends and family for granted.

Not being able to see or hold our loved-ones has made us realize how much additional effort we could have put into those relationships. We had countless excuses for why we could not make "time" for those craving our love, attention, or appreciation. However, all the weight in those excuses disappeared. From now on, we should all take the opportunity to make time for our friends and family as well as show them love as much as possible while we have the chance.

Isolation has taught us how much we have neglected our mental health.

We are overwhelmed by the world around us because we focus more on the things we need to do and people we need to please instead of on our mental health. Mental health affects our mood, productivity, and relationships, so it essential to show it some attention. Being in isolation has given us a much-needed change in pace so that we can focus on strengthening our well-being and improve how we handle ourselves.

Isolation gives us the chance to discover that within ourselves, we can find happiness.

Happiness can be mistaken for the love we feel from those around us and we often gain dependence on them. Other people add joy and happiness to our lives, but it also crucial that we find happiness within ourselves. With the time we have, we should focus on the delight within and the appreciation we can give to ourselves.

Quarantine makes us acknowledge things we have been missing out on and ways we can bounce back from this unfortunate situation and be better versions of ourselves. Always remember to love those around you unconditionally, focus on yourself, and find your inner happiness.