6 Things EVERY Lesbian In A Sorority Will Relate To

6 Encounters EVERY Lesbian In A Sorority Will Definitely Relate To

So do you sleep with your sisters or...?

3295
GroupMe

When I went to college, I had a girlfriend, I went home almost every weekend to see her. I went to class, went to softball practice, and came right back to my room, without socializing with anybody at all, and I had very little friends who happened to be softball teammates, I was the awkward homesick freshman, but I only lived two hours away.

Sophomore year was a lot different for me. My girlfriend and I broke up, and I got way closer to my current girlfriend.

I became brave enough to rush; and found my forever family in Sigma Pi Alpha. They took me under their wing. Whenever I was going through a rough patch, they made my day so much easier to go through. T

hey made sure I knew I mattered no matter who I was, and that's the glory of belonging to a sisterhood.

You may think being in a sorority is about being a skinny, gorgeous, long-haired blonde, blue-eyed girl, but sororities are not that shallow and not exactly what the media depicts.

It's about how well your personalities mesh. You can be tall, short, blonde, black or brown-haired, blue, green, an alien from Mars. You can like boys, you can like girls, you can like animals and nobody cares.

It's simply about how well you fit into the sisterhood.

Being a lesbian in a sorority comes with its own set of struggles and encounters that are far different than a straight sorority member.

1. You constantly ask apparel to make the shirts less girly, and no floral patterns.

Tight V-necks don't match well with cargos!

2. The frat guys are constantly asking you about the girls in your sorority.

Otherwise, you're known as the Love Doctor or the Cupid of (insert sorority here).

3. The girls ask you to be their pretend girlfriend so weird guys don't hit on them in public or at parties.

They come up to you grab your hand and whisper in your ear, “This weird guy won't leave me alone, kiss my cheek and call me babe when he comes over here again."

4. Your sisters constantly ask you what lesbian sex is.

You've lost track of the number of times you've been asked.

Curiosity kills the cat, each time.

5. When you have boy/girl partnered themed mixer, you go as the boy part.

Barbie and Ken Mixer: You go as Ken. Dress Like the Opposite Sex Mixer: you still dress like a boy, just like every other day. G.I. Joe and G.I. Jane: you go as G.I. Joe.

6. All of your sisters are the biggest supporters you could ever ask for.

They are the glue that holds you together on those bad days, they are always right beside you. And, no matter your preference, they still love you! There is nobody else in this world that you would want to talk to in your time of need.