Lent: Set A Goal

Lent: Set A Goal

Instead of giving something up, set a goal

17
Lent: Set A Goal

Lent is a time that Catholic's around the world decide to give up something for 40 days. From chocolate to watching too much TV, anything and everything is given up. For some it is a piece of cake but for others, it seems almost impossible to accomplish. But do you have to give something up? Instead, try setting a goal this Lenten season. Something that you have been wanting to do but have not been able to find the motivation for it. Here are some goals you can set for yourself this season:

1. Exercise More

How many times have you wanted to start working out but kept putting it off? How many times have you began but lost the motivation? Make it your goal this Lenten season to exercise more. Remind yourself if you begin to lose motivation, that you will be so proud of yourself when you see the results.

2. Less Complaining

This isn't saying to stop complaining. Sometimes you need to complain and that's perfectly fine. But try to do it less. Before you start to complain, look at the positives that happened in your day. Overall, it will help improve your mood.

3. Eat Healthier

You can always twist this and say "You are giving up junk food" which is fine. But if you would rather casually begin to have a healthier lifestyle instead of cold turkey, just make it your Lent goal to start to buying more fruits and vegetables and less junk food.

4. Stop Procrastinating

Procrastinating is a horrible habit that some people feel they can just not shake. Start doing your assignments the day you get them. Make a to-do list. Remove any distractions you may have around you. With these and anything else you can think of, you are sure to beat procrastination.

5. Good Deeds

Make it a goal to start doing a kind action once a week. Pay for the person behind you in line, gather your old clothes and donate them to someone, buy grooming essentials and put them in a plastic bag and keep them in the trunk of your car. When you pass someone homeless, get out and give them the plastic bag. It will brighten their day and is definitely going to brighten yours.

There are plenty of other goals you can set for yourself over Lent. Just remember to stick to it and you'll feel a lot better about yourself.