Lelo Study Finds How Quarantine Is Impacting Relationships

Study Finds 52 Percent Of People In Relationships Are On Dating Apps In Quarantine, And I'm UPSET

If there's one thing people still have in quarantine, it's the AUDACITY.

845

As if quarantine wasn't hard enough as is, a new study found that during this lonely time more people in relationships (52 percent) have signed up for dating websites than single people (42 percent).

So if there's one thing people still have in quarantine, it's the AUDACITY.

I mean, SERIOUSLY, PEOPLE!? Talk to your damn S.O. if quarantine is making you so lonely. And, newsflash, if your partner isn't cutting it, at the very least, zump them before signing up for a dating app or website, good grief.

The study, which was conducted by OnePoll on behalf of luxury sex toy company, LELO, surveyed 2,000 people (1,000 singles and 1,000 people in a relationship, but not quarantined with their partners).

According to this study, 37 percent of single respondents have reached out to an ex while in isolation. The most surprising part, in my opinion? That this percentage isn't even higher! But the part that really gets me... the real kicker? A third of respondents in relationships have done so too.

That's right. One-third of respondents in relationships hit up an ex while in quarantine. I simply CANNOT.

When broken down by sex, here are some of the other statistics the study found around virtual romance during quarantine:

So, while quarantined...

• 34 percent of women and 49 percent of men have downloaded a dating app
  • 41 percent of women and 51 percent of men have signed up for a dating site
  • 33 percent of women and 35 percent of men have gone on a virtual date
  • 55 percent of women and 50 percent of men say the pandemic has reignited a spark between them and a former partner
    • Of those who reached out to an ex:
      • 50 percent were single
      • 54 percent were in a relationship
      • 68 percent of those singles actually had a virtual date with an ex
      • 65 percent of those in a relationship had a virtual date with an ex
  • 25 percent of people have used sex toys
  • 35 percent of people have masturbated while social distancing
  • Americans are reporting a variety of feelings, some being: lonely, isolated, stable, creative, and romantic

The good news is, if you can relate to any of these statistics, you're not alone! For those of you who are single, I've answered every burning question you've asked yourself in quarantine and for those of you who are in a relationship, well, please just stick to one of these fun date ideas for those quarantined separately or even play FaceTime games with your partner (not your ex or someone on the apps) if you need more quality time.

Now, try Shibari's Mini Halo Vibrator or The Ultimate Game For Couples to spicee up your quarantine romantic life.

As an Amazon Affiliate, Odyssey may earn a portion of qualifying sales.

Follow Swoon on Instagram.