An Open Letter To My Legendary Grandparents

Thanks for being legendary.

413
Sydney Eisenberg

When people write these "open letters" I feel like they are for the same people, their mom and dad or their siblings. I, for one, have written an open letter to my parents but I feel as if I need to extend my appreciation to my grandparents. They have played such a huge role in my life and I couldn't ask for more.

Dear Grandma & Grandpa,

I know I don't say this as much as I should, but I want you to know how much I love you. Throughout my life, you two have given me endless love and support and I couldn't thank you more for that. No matter what the situation is, I'm so lucky to have such a strong support system. I know that if I ever need something, I know you will both be there for me. Thank you for always going above and beyond for me and my brothers, you don't know how much we appreciate it.

I know I could never do without your advice about anything and everything possible. If I didn't get advice about school, friends, or any issue I may have, I probably wouldn't be where I am today. I also love hearing the stories from when the both of you were growing up, when my mom was growing up, and my early childhood, I always find enjoyment in those.

Some of my best and most favorite memories are the ones shared with the two of you and I can't wait to share the stories with my own family one day. I am forever grateful for the trips to Florida, the trip to London and Paris, my first time going to Disney World, the holidays, the Starbucks drinks, and more. One of the most cherished memories I have of the two of you is from winter break in Florida in 2016 when you took me and Ben for ice cream, grandma and we walked into the house to find Grandpa dancing to "Dancing Queen" by ABBA and then you joined in. I think that video went viral on social media between my friends and mom's friends. That is one of my most cherished and valued memories because it shows how much you both love music and dancing and having fun.

Thank you for always taking pictures and videos or literally everything you see, asking me for iPhone help, for spoiling me (like any grandparent), adding LOTS and LOTS of entertainment into my life, and for being the most epic and legendary grandparents anyone could ever have. (I'm sure all my friends can agree, you know they love you.) I can probably speak for both boys when I say this but, I am extremely lucky to have you both as my grandparents. From every trip, holiday, phone call, and song we've danced to, I'm so thankful for everything you guys have done for me and with me. I can't wait to make more memories with you when we all head back to New Jersey for the summer!! I love you both more than you will ever know. Thank you for being the best!!

Much Love,

SydSyd