Where Will LeBron James Land In Free Agency?

LeBron James is one of the most highly coveted free agents in the NBA- where will he land?

87

This upcoming NBA free agency season is unprecedented with how many high-profile free agents are on the market. However, no free agent is as impactful and desired as Cleveland Cavaliers superstar LeBron James. James has been very vague about where his future team will be, but there have been some hints. Many analysts believe that James' top four landing spots will be Cleveland, the Philadelphia 76ers, the Houston Rockets and the Los Angeles Lakers.

The Cleveland Cavaliers will try anything in their power to keep James on the team. The roster shakeup that happened in February prepared the team for a possibility of James leaving, but with some hope that he will stay. James' decision will all come down to how the team plays in the Eastern Conference Finals against the Boston Celtics. If the Celtics win the series, it is almost guaranteed that James will leave the Cavaliers for a higher profiled team.

The other Eastern Conference team that is actively trying to obtain James is the Philadelphia 76ers. The Sixers had a disappointing series against the Boston Celtics in the second round of the playoffs. However, the Sixers have a ton of young talent, led by Ben Simmons and All-Star Joel Embiid. This young and extremely talented roster might be enough for James to come to Philadelphia, especially since he and Ben Simmons have a close friendship off the court.

In the Western Conference, two teams stick out as the frontrunners for LeBron James. The first one is the Houston Rockets, led by All-Stars Chris Paul and James Harden. This is an extremely enticing spot for James, especially with the likes of Paul and Harden on the court. Especially with Houston's success and a high possibility of them going to the NBA Finals this year, they will definitely make the pitch to LeBron James.

The other Western Conference team that is eyeing James is the Los Angeles Lakers. Although an extremely young team led by Lonzo Ball and Kyle Kuzma, the cap space the Lakers currently have can be enough to get both Paul George and LeBron James. Although extremely unlikely, the Lakers are one of the NBA's most popular teams, and James will only increase their popularity.

This summer, everyone's eyes are going to look toward the decision LeBron makes about his next team. Whether you like it or not, James is the biggest NBA star right now, and whichever team lands him will see a surge of popularity and chances of gaining a NBA championship.