10 Things We Are Leaving Behind In 2018

10 Things That We Are 'For Real, For Real,' Leaving Behind In 2018

Yes, I meant you as well when I said "we."

8
https://unsplash.com/photos/EVzThFdZONQ

2018 was an absolutely wild year. We had every type of celebrity break up in the book. We had twitter rants from very influential people and news headlines we never thought we would ever see. We witnessed drama, excitement, confusion, and frustration, both in our personal lives and in our social lives. We had terrible challenges, like the tide pod challenge, take social media by storm and top hit's start a new wave of influence.

It's safe to say that 2018 was definitely a year to remember as well as a year some of us may want to forget. With that being said and the will to ring in 2019 on a positive note, we will be leaving these 10 things behind in 2018. You know, lift some weight off our shoulders.

1. Kanye West's Twitter Rants.

First of all, what? Second of all, why? Who does his PR? Anyone? Oh wait, nobody. He can't be managed! Someone take this man's phone away from him. Help us if he ever decides to run for president.

2. Plastic Straws! 

We need to save our planet one step at a time. First, let's start by taking the little steps to saving our oceans. If we keep polluting our waters at this rate then we're probably going to have to wear a full body suit, like the astronauts do, just to go surfing in 25 years. Hello? How are we going to tan?

3. The "RT for goodluck" Tweets.

I can't deal with these anymore. Some of these tweets are traps. They reel you in, you read it, scroll passed it, then scroll back up to retweet it because there is no way in h*ll you are taking the chance.

4. Toxic Relationships.

Toxic relationships. We don't need those! We don't need toxic romance, toxic friendship, or toxic work environments. None of that. Know your worth, then add tax. That's my motto.

5. Nick and Priyanka Jonas' Wedding Festivities.

Let's be honest. All girls who grew up with a Nick Jonas poster hanging up in their rooms were heartbroken by the news of the engagement. There is no need for them to be reminded with a new series of wedding pictures each week. We get it. The wedding was beautiful. You guys are a beautiful couple. Let us cry in the far distance.

How many ceremonies were there anyway? 10? 20?

6. Trump's Credibility. 

Let's just drink to this one.

7. Cheating on Your Partner! 

This goes for celebrity's and non celebrity's around the world! It is neither cool nor hot to cheat on your significant other, especially if you have a child! What crosses your mind? How can you possibly hurt someone like that?

8. Being Rude to Your Waiter.

Seriously? Come on now. Why does anyone have to be talked down to? Don't be rude to your waiter. Don't be rude to your lawn mowers. Don't be rude to the janitor. Don't be rude to anyone! Why is that so difficult? There is no need. We are all human and therefore we should all be respected.

The way you treat people with those types of occupations says a lot about your character.

9. Fake friends.

Fake friends are as valuable as the dog poop you accidentally step on on your way to work. They do nothing but hold you back and distract you from your greatest successes and opportunities. You want friends who motivate you, support you and mutually respect you. That's what we're looking for in 2019.

10. All types of negativity. 

We don't need negativity in our lives! It's 2019! We ain't got time for that. Good vibes all the way, baby!