Learning To Rely On God

Learning To Rely On God

“Stay with me, Lord, because I am weak and I need Your strength, that I may not fall so often.”

431

“In every need let me come to you with humble trust saying Jesus help me.”

I sometimes find it extremely difficult to just let go and put all my problems in the hands of God. I find myself over and over again thinking I can handle it all on my own. Not praying about my true struggles because I feel as if God can’t help me. Not truly trusting in who He really is.

Lately I’d been struggling with something and I didn’t know where to start for help. I didn’t even know what to pray for because I felt like it was out of my control. I just kept thinking about all of the bad and pushing it to the back of my mind instead of facing the heart of my problem. I felt like I had to do a trust fall and no one was there behind me to catch me.

One night I had enough, and I just said “Jesus, I need your help.” It was those simple words that helped me start to find peace. I prayed more and more about the problem and I realized the core of it was my strength.

All I had to do was lift my worries up to God. He can do so much that we aren’t even aware of. Relying on God and lifting up all your struggles to Him can seem impossible. It can seem like it won’t help anything, but it will. Even just talking to Jesus about my worries and my fears I was able to have a much clearer mind and I could more easily think of a solution.

“Stress makes you believe that everything has to happen right now. Faith reassures you that everything will happen in God’s timing.”

I didn’t have to try to figure my life out. That was for Him to do. He knew what was going to happen anyway. It was my job to wait for His plan to unfold and to trust in Him. It’s hard for me to let go of control and to put my worries on Him, but I can’t hold them all in. I can’t handle that, no human can. That’s why you have to rely on him in times of trouble. He’s there for you in a way that no one here on Earth can be.

“The Lord is my strength and my shield, in whom my heart trusts. I am helped, so my heart rejoices; with my song I praise him.” Psalm 28:7

Use God as your shoulder to lean on. He loves you and wants you to come to Him for help! Bringing all your struggles and worries to the cross can bring so much peace in your heart. You can use prayer as your source of strength to overcome your obstacles. Putting your trust in him is hard because you can feel like you’re losing control of your life, but it’s ok. He’s got your back, and He won’t let you fall.