How can a song help me during hard times

How a new song can remind you of what you went through in a season of this Life

What is said in this song literally describes my freshman year of college?

63
Personal
Tiffany Palm

Have you ever heard that song on the radio and just start carrying because of how much you can relate to the song. Recently a new song came out on K-LOVE which is the radio station my family and I listen to. If you listen to K-LOVE you may have heard of Lauren Daigle. Recently she came out with a new song that reminded me a lot of what I went through during my freshman year of college. Its called "You Say". In this article, I'll be describing to you why I can really relate to this song. Also how you can relate to it as well.

The first verse say's this: "I keep fighting voices in my mind that says I'm not enough every single lie that tells me I will never measure up I more than just the sum of every high and every low? Remind me once again just who I am, because I need to know."

A lot of times during my freshmen year of college I kept hearing this voicing telling me that I'm not good enough. All the things that happen to me in the past will happen to me again GCU. You see I have a learning disability and growing up I always felt left out. People will look at me differently because of who I was. I brought those thoughts with me to GCU and lets I was on the edge because of it. Then I became open about who I am. To my surprise, there are a lot of people at GCU who go through similar things.

The chorus is what really hits home to me"You say I am loved when I can't feel a thing you say I am strong when I think I am weakYou say I am held when I am falling short when I don't belong, oh You say I am yours and I believe, oh I believe that You say of meI believe" As I have described in the last paragraph how I used to feel unwanted at GCU God showed me that he did by speaking through me. Late at night I will be crying in my dorm room or being super depressed about my life. Through that God will speak into me saying "Tiffany your doing great keep going I know it looks hard now but you got this I promise you I will live you to were you need to go just trust me" I remember telling my friends about how God was speaking into my life and they were amazed by how God was helping me.

Verse 2 ties into what I talk about how God was speaking into my life."The only thing that matters now is everything You think of me You I find my worth, in You I find my identity, ooooh"

For a long time, I used to not think about what God thought about me. Recently I stopped listening to the lies that the devil will tell me and started listening to what God thinks of me instead. Let me tell you ever since then my life has been a lot better.
Verse 3: Also goes into verse 2 really well as well"Taking all I have and now I'm laying it at Your feetYou have every failure God, and You'll have every victory, ooooh."

Giving it all to God is the best thing I have ever done. I know my fellow believers in Christ will think the same way. Having God in control of my life has made my life a lot better knowing God is in it. Outtro these give me so much comfort."Oh I believe, yes I believe what You say of MeOH I believe"

Throughout the day you may even mumble some of the words in this song. I hope you can relate to this song as much as I can.