Like it or not, you can learn a lot about compassion from vegans

Can everyone agree that no ones' life is more valuable than another?

64

If this article's headline turned you off, then this article is not for you. If the headline triggered you, you're probably closed-minded and you are a problem. But if you are still reading, there's hope for you.

Vegans have a point. Hear me out, I'm not even a vegan myself. I am a vegetarian, but that's beside the point. Vegans have a reputation for being aggressive in the way they speed info about veganism. Sometimes it is showed down your throat, exhibit A: any documentary ever about going vegan. But the core of the movement is an excellent cause that everyone should get with.

Animals are killed for food. Humans kill each other for many reasons. You could say those are two wildly different things, or that one issue is more important than the other. But they really aren't that different, because the root of it is the same: no one's life matters more than another's.

No matter what religion, political stance or background you were raised in, we are all humans and we all deserve an equal chance to survive and thrive. If there is more understanding and compassion, why would anyone want to murder an animal or an animal?

It starts with being open to being exposed to things you aren't used to. It might be hard and feel weird and it takes a lot of time and effort to be compassionate. But humans are biologically built to work together, to help each other, and to love each other.

Once you begin educating yourself, that leads to really putting yourself in other people's (or animals') shoes. Apply that acceptance to politics and social issues, and all the problems our society faces are solved. Okay, it's not as easy at that but it's a start. Loving each other is what it's all about, people.

Well, you've made it this far. Click here to learn more about veganism.