A Lazy Girls Guide To A Summer Body

A Lazy Girls Guide To A Summer Body

Say goodbye to the couch and movie marathons and hello to weights and cardio

82
A Lazy Girls Guide To A Summer Body

To my fellow lazy girls, sometimes the most dreaded time of the day is getting ourselves up to go to the gym and get in our daily work out. While I am the type that lives for a good workout, that does not always mean that I necessarily want to take the time to do it. For some of us, it is easier than others, but us lazy girls need all of the little extra encouragement we can get. Here are a few tips for you lazy girls on the quest for a killer beach body:

1. Purchase some type of fitness tracker to wear all day long.

Using a fitness tracker such as a Fitbit or Nike Fuel Ban will keep you intact with all of the movement you do all day. Not only will these devices track your workouts, but will also measure your daily practices.

2. Find fun ways to get in exercise.

Sometimes we need to take a break from the gym and find something a little more fun. Try hiking with friends, running in a 5k for charity, or taking fun classes.

3. Take a class that doesn't feel like you are working out, but having fun.

Often, people simply do not want to workout because they hate the discomfort it gives to your body. Finding something you not only enjoy, but that is fun and effective will definitely keep you more active. Whether it be Zumba, Pure Barre, or yoga, there are so many options out there that can keep you fit while having fun.

4. Buy cute workout clothes for motivation.

I

I don'k know about you, but who does not love a cute new pair of tennis shoes and some new athletic wear. The first step in getting yourself to exercise is putting on your comfiest tennis shoes and comfy clothes. Why not make them cute while you are at it?

6. Workout with a friend or two.

Working out with friends will help keep you and your friends motivated. There could even be room for a little friendly competition.

7. Hold yourself accountable.

You will never see the results that you want if you do not hold yourself accountable. Making a plan and sticking to it is the first step for onward success.

8. Master the at home workout.

Sometimes it is so difficult to get ourselves to the gym. If you are a fellow lazy girl, creating a home workout can still be very effective. All you need is a mat for comfort, a few weights, maybe a medicine ball, your own body weight and some resistance bands and you are good to go.

9. Use workout apps for guidance.

Having a plan will give you more of a push to get yourself to work out. Going to the gym with no idea what you are going to do only leaves room for you to walk around for 15 minutes wondering what to do. This is where workout apps like Nike Training Club or the many others out there can change how you exercise. These apps will give you set workouts that will target you chosen areas and give you the results you want.

10. Use whatever time you are given in a day, even if that means 20 minutes.

Get the most out of each day. Sometimes we are so busy that it is hard to find time to get in that dreaded hour workout. Whether it be after a long day at work or at school, sometimes we struggle with finding the time and motivation to get in our workout. Make the most of each day even if that means a 10-20 minute work out. Something is always better than nothing.

11. Envision the end result.

Imagining yourself on the beach loving the skin that you are in should be enough motivation to get yourself out of bed and in the gym.