Stop Being Lazy: Why You Should Always Look Cute For Class

Because your leggings and XL sweatshirts aren't doing you any favors.
81349

We're all guilty of pulling on leggings and letters and running out the door to class. Bumming it isn't exactly a crime but nonetheless, it should probably stop. Class isn't a fashion show but anytime you walk out the door, you represent yourself. Putting in the extra effort to put on jeans instead of yoga pants will pay off in more ways than one.

1. You'll feel better.

Look good, feel good... am I right? When you put your best foot forward you'll have more spring in your step and feel more motivated to have a great day. When's the last time you had a bad day in a fleek outfit? Um, never.

2. And have more confidence.

Have you ever really felt comfortable speaking up in class when your hair's in a messy bun and you have no make up on? No, you don't. Sure, I'm all for being confident without make up and being comfortable in your own skin, but you're not doing yourself any favors when you skip out on a little mascara.

3. Class is actually important.

By the time you're a sophomore, chances are most of your classes are going to be related to your major and all of your professors can and will probably be able to help you get to grad school, an internship, or a job. Think of class as practice as for the "real world." You wouldn't go to work or a job interview looking like a bum, would you? And your professors are much more likely to help a student who puts just a little effort into their appearance, rather than roll into lecture in sweats.

4. Unfortunately, people do judge a book by its cover.

I'm not saying that it's right, but you know people are judging you as you walk down Shortlidge. Put the effort into looking polished, instead of looking like the girl who took a pitcher of tequila to the face last night... because ~tbh~ no one really likes that girl anyway.

5. You'll always feel "on."

If you're wearing something cute, who cares if you bump into your ex, an old friend, or a super intimidating professor? You're far more likely to strike up a conversation in booties and jeans than if you're slumming it in your gym clothes.

6. You can use it as an outlet to express yourself.

Clothes are a really easy way to express yourself and get creative. If you want everyone to eff off, wear all black. You're super girly? Wear all pink. The choice is yours. On the other hand, when you wear some oversized sweatshirt with a coffee stain, what do you think that says about you?

7. You'll look less lazy.

While yeah, lying in bed all day in sweats watching Netflix is completely normal and totally okay, don't let it affect your style. Wearing the same thing to class that you wear to bed isn't cute, like at all. A good rule of thumb is if you would wear it to sleep, you probably shouldn't wear it in public.

8. Gym clothes were meant for the gym.

For one, super tight, compression-y fabrics just aren't meant to be on your body all day. Secondly, just because you pull on gym clothes to make it seem like you might just be heading to the gym after class, doesn't make it any better. If your style is sporty, cool. But don't cross the line into sloppy.

9. It's just as easy to put on jeans as it is sweats.

I was really anti-pants for a long time. I'll admit it... but then I got over it. Shockingly, putting on jeans or pants with a actual waist requires no more effort than pulling on your favorite pair of spandex. And when you find the right pair, they're just as comfortable as your Lululemons.

So do yourself a favor, do a little shopping, and go forth each day with your best bootie forward.