Lay Off Gabi's Body

Lay Off Gabi's Body

Celebrities can never catch a break, especially if they're plus size.

13
Harper's Bizaar

Gabi Sidibe is a renowned actress who has played in countless movies and productions. She is most well known for her debut role in Precious, playing the movie’s main character and namesake. She has also starred in Empire and American Horror Story in the past. Sidibe is most well known for her portrayal of plus-size characters, since she is as most are aware, a plus-size woman. She is also a general queen on social media, often posting body positive posts and generally flawless photos.

Sidibe has over 700,000 followers on Instagram alone. But recently those fans responded to a photo she posted in the most unnecessary way. Recently she posted a picture of her new tee shirt. Fans responded with praise over alleged weight loss, which was not the premise of the photo at all.

Sidibe Then replied back on Twitter reminding fans the reasoning behind the post.

Unfortunately we live in a world where people cannot just be people and post images on Instagram, but rather we focus too much on weight. Even unprompted people cannot leave plus-size actors alone with their body image. Can’t Gabi just live her life in her rocking tee shirts?