Lay Down Your Burdens

Lay Down Your Burdens

1 Peter 5:6,7

123
Lay Down Your Burdens
pexel.com

"So lay down your burdens. Lay down your shame. All who are broken. Lift up your face Oh wanderer come home You’re not too far. So lay down your hurt. Lay down your heart. Come as you are." -David Crowder

“Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light” Matthew 11:28-30. It's amazing to know as long as I have been a Christ follower, that I can come to church and lay down any burdens that I carry. It says in Isaiah 58:6, "Is this not the fast that I have chosen: To loose the bonds of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, to let the oppressed go free, and that you break every yoke?" It’s not God’s will that you should be crushed down with excessive burdens; let Him free you today. The church has many purposes such as Worship, Evangelism, and community of fellow believers. The church is also a place to find restoration and refuge from the world and its trials. I am learning as a young man that the world is a hard place. There are constant struggles, financial struggles, relationship struggles that make life in general difficult.

But that is why we come to church, we come to lay down our burdens at the feet of the One who is able to lift our burdens and worries.“Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time, casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you”1 Peter 5:6,7. Just knowing your heavenly Father cares about you personally can make any load seem lighter. The bible also says “Bear one another’s burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ”Galatians 6:2. When God has lightened your burdens, He asks you to do the same for other believers.

Verses that will encourage you to give our burdens to Jesus:

“The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears, and delivers them out of all their troubles” Psalm 34:17. If you belong to Him, God will always listen when you call to Him for help.

“He will feed His flock like a shepherd; He will gather the lambs with His arm, and carry them in His bosom” Isaiah 40:11.