Lauren Daigle You Say

If You Struggle With Finding Your Identity, This Song Is For You

Depressed, anxious, lonely, sad, alienated, lost. These are a few things that the enemy has perfected in trying to get us to believe about ourselves.

582
Emileigh Hearn

Lauren Daigle just released her new single, 'You Say,' last week and it has already spoken truth to so many people, including myself. I am going to attach a link at the very end of this post so that you can hear the truth about who you are, but first I want to introduce the importance and power of what the lyrics mean.

The beginning of this song shows the intensity of the enemy in our thoughts. Satan has made it his mission to keep us from identifying as children of God. He puts these thoughts into our heads making us feel worthless and all alone when in reality there are so many reasons to believe the opposite.

"In love, He predestined us for adoption to Himself as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of His will." Ephesians 1:5

The song goes right into the chorus, telling a sweet story about who God says we are. It reminds us that, although we think less of ourselves, He sees us restored by the blood of Jesus. He loves us. He wants a relationship with us. He LONGS for us. Sometimes its hard to think of our big God being desperate for our hearts, but it is so true. He chases us down until He finally captures our hearts.

"God has united you with Christ Jesus. For our benefit God made him to be wisdom itself. Christ made us right with God; He made us pure and holy, and He freed us from sin." 1 Corinthians 1:30

"In You I find my worth, in You I find my identity," is one of the most important verses to the entire song. I searched for so long in things that identified me but never fulfilled me like Jesus has. The moment I chose to place my trust in Him, my entire thought process of who I was completely changed.

Verse three is an example of surrender. To surrender all that you have to Jesus is to stop giving in to all of the things that are of this world and instead choose Jesus. It speaks of failures becoming victories. Scars becoming stories. Trials becoming triumphs. Tests becoming testimonies. Depression becoming hopefulness. Anxiety becoming freedom. Sadness becoming joy.

The very end of the song is a statement claiming the belief and confidence in knowing who you are. If you often times find yourself at the bottom of a bottle, end of a cigarette, bleeding from a cut, burning from a flame, tired from the tears, NEVER FORGET who you were predestined to belong to.

You are so much more than those stretch marks. You are so much more than that jersey. You are so much more than the top of the pyramid. You are so much more than first chair. You are so much more than the scrubs. You are so much more than the headgear. You are so much more than who you are behind that screen. You are so much more than all the things this world identifies as important. You are a child of the One True King and nothing less. Remind yourself each day that you belong. You are loved by a Father and the family that stands behind Him.

Lauren Daigle - You Say