Laundry Is Not Simply A Weekend Activity, But A Lifestyle

"Kiki has always been the edgy one of the band." -Cal

378
Ashley McMurray

Laundry met in a practice room of the legendary Spiller Hall (you might be familiar with the lovely band, Spiller who met there). On the second day of fall term, the four of them (Cal, Kiki, Nik, and Riley) were jamming with some other residents in the Laundry Room Lounge and around 1:30 in the morning, after everyone else left. They quickly discovered their musical talents worked well with each other.

After photographing Laundry at the Lorax Manner for the first time, I discovered how lovely they truly are and decided to photograph the majority of their shows for the month of April.

The following photos are from Laundry's set at the Emerald Palace the last weekend of April.

"House shows are so fun! The more engaged the audience, the better the show." -Cal

"We've had a lot of good moments together as a band. I love when we're practicing a song and we're smiling at each other because we love playing music together." -Nik

"My favorite thing is when people walk by the lounge door when we're practicing and they come up to the door and look in to see who is playing. The foot traffic in Spiller is incredible!" -Riley

"We're all really good friends and hang out outside of the band. One of our favorite activities is watching movies together. The older 'James Bond' movies and Quentin Tarantino movies are some of our favorites to watch together."-Kiki

"We're just like your average kids, you know?" -Kiki

"We really love skateboarding, but Nik and Riley have yet to fall off their skateboard...we'll see what happens." -Cal

"We love our fans!"

If you didn't notice the drastic outfit change, the following photos are from Laundry's set at the Blue Room.

"The energy at shows is one of my favorite parts."-Cal

"My favorite song to play is '21st Century Blues' because the audience usually gets into it." -Riley

"I come from 'the streets' *laughs*" -Nik

"'Goin' Downtown' is my favorite song to play." -Cal

"Music has always been a big part of my life and I really love being a musician." -Kiki

"Sleep is one of my favorite things." -Nik

The following photos are from the first time I photographed Laundry at the Lorax Manner (if you couldn't tell from the beautiful decorations in the background).

"I love playing guitar and *laughs* smoking a spliff after the show with Nik." -Riley

"'Bellingham Jams' is my favorite song to play." -Kiki

"'Natural Flavor' is one of my favorite songs to play." -Nik

"When we practice, we leave everything at the practice room door. All our stress and worries just stop at the door, so we can all focus on our music and being the best we can be." -Nik