Throwback Latin American Love Songs Ranked

Todo Lo Que Necesitas Es Amor - Top 5 Throwback Latin American Love Songs

Throwback Latin American Love Songs ranked, rated and some of my favorite lines.

68

Just like everyone else, I also have a handful of throwback songs that rip my heart out and make me sing from the top of my lungs. Songs that even make me feel different feelings I didn't even know were possible. The following songs are my Top 5 Throwback Latin American Love Songs ranked and with my favorite lines from the song.

5. Duele el Amor by Aleks Syntek & Ana Torroja

"Hoy quisiera detener el tiempo

La distancia entre los dos"

This song from 2004 is an upbeat love song. In the song, the duet of Aleks Syntek and Ana Torroja sing the respective parts of the couple. The song follows a couple confessing to one another about how much love would hurt without the other.

My favorite line from the song translates to how they wish to stop time and close the distance between them each other, both in a figurative and literal manner. There can be an unfortunate distance between couples in an emotional and physical aspect, which is touched on throughout the rest of the song.

Rating: 8/10

4. La Playa by La Oreja de Van Gogh

"Te voy a escribir la canción más bonita del mundo

Voy a capturar nuestra historia en tan solo un segundo

Y un día verás que este loco de a poco se olvida"

La Oreja de Van Gogh is a Spanish pop band that is known for their heartfelt love songs, La Playa is one of their popular hits. I can assure you that you will see them once again on this list. The point of view in the song is of someone confessing their love for their partner and retelling their love story through a song.

The lyrics from my favorite line are pretty straightforward. The person professing their love is telling their partner that they are going to write them the most beautiful song in the world and in this song, they will capture their love story, showing just how crazy this person is to love them so much and not forget a single detail about their relationship.

Rating: 9/10

3. Andar Conmigo by Julieta Venegas

"Hay tantos caminos por andar

Dime si tu quisieras andar conmigo"

This 15-year-old song will continue to be one of my favorites because of the upbeat vibe Julieta Venegas gives it.

The song talks about the openness and trust a relationship should have, and the wonder if even after you know everything you need to know about your significant other if you're still willing to be with them. The meaning behind the lines I chose is that while there are many paths to go through in life, please tell me that you are willing to be with me through it all.

Rating: 9/10

2. Rosas – La Oreja de Van Gogh

"Por eso esperaba con la carita empapada

A que llegaras con rosas, con mil rosas para mí

Porque ya sabes que me encantan esas cosas

Que no importa si es muy tonto, soy así"

I told you that La Oreja de Van Gogh would make a second appearance on this list. From the same album as La Playa, this is the real tearjerker from the list. The song tells the story of someone in denial over the fact that their relationship with their significant other has changed. This hurt is demonstrated throughout the whole song, especially in my favorite lines.

The lines translate to how the person who is in denial will wait for their significant other to show up with roses while tears run down their face. Then, the broken-hearted person goes on to tell their significant other that even if they are into cheesy stuff like that, it does not matter because it's what they're into.

Rating: 9/10

1. El Sol No Regresa by La Quinta Estacion

"Hace días perdí

En alguna cantina

La mitad de mi alma

más el quince de propina."

This song hands down will always be one of my favorite songs. La Quinta Estacion will always be one of my favorite groups. El Sol No Regresa is a song you listen to when you are in the last stage of the breakup phase. The song you hear when you are ready to come to terms with the end of the relationship and when you finally realize that they just are not coming back. While you can drown the bad memories of the relationship with alcohol, the good memories will always be there, even if the relationship is long gone.

My favorite lines from the song talk about how a couple of days ago, while at a bar, the person hurting "lost" half of their soul and their money from trying to drown their sorrows. It's the ultimate moving on song and it will have you singing it from the top of your lungs.

Rating: 10/10

If you don't listen to much Latin American music, or any at all, the suggestions above are a good place to start. These five love songs touch at least on one phase of a relationship, or heartbreak, and are just great songs to jam out to in general.