Best Friend, It's Not A Goodbye, It's A See You Later

When leaving, good friends never say goodbye, they simply say “see you soon”, while best friends say "see you later."

3866
Google Images

I knew this day would come, but I didn’t know it would come this soon. This day has always been in the back of my mind hoping that it would never come, but now that the day has come, I have no choice but to be ready. So here it goes, a letter to you, thanking you for never leaving my side and supporting me always.

Dear Best Friend,

Where do I start off, there’s so much to say and such little time to do so, so I’ll keep it short and sweet. You walked into my life almost two years ago. Two years of endless laughter, constant learning and not one moment of dullness. We’ve made so many memories together, ones that I’ll never forget and always look back at as some of the best times in my life. You made sure to never leave my side and always have my back through anything.

I cherish the countless nights you spent cheering me up when something went wrong. You taught me so many new things, so many life lessons and always had new songs for me to listen to and new shows to binge watch. We’ve gone through some hard times both together and personally, but one thing that didn’t change between us during those difficult times is that we always knew that we had each other’s back no matter what. To this day and so on, that will never change and I’ll always be there for you whether your 5 minutes away or 8 hours away.

Thank you for being there at my highest high and my lowest low and for guiding me through difficult times in my life. You understood me when others didn’t and you related to me in my personal struggles. You never judged me for my actions but instead you helped me make my actions better and helped me become a better person from it. It’s crazy how two people can live such different lifestyles yet relate to each other so much.

Seeing you in your final days in this dusty old town I can’t help but get a little sad to watch you leave. But at the same time watching you prepare for your big move makes me so happy knowing that your dreams are finally starting to come true. You are finally on your way to chase after all that you’ve been dreaming of your whole life. This is not a time for me to be selfish but a time to be grateful and joyful for the friend that I have been blessed with these past two years.

It’s going to be hard not seeing you every day but now that gives me an excuse to come visit you. I am so excited to see you enter into the real world, and I can’t wait to join you in just a few years. Always remember that I am a phone call away or FaceTime. Never forget to be the best version of yourself and to be proud of the remarkable woman you have grown up to be. Do what make you happy and don’t let others opinions change who you are. Thank you for always having my back, dealing with my annoying self and for being best friend. I love you so much, It’s not a “goodbye”, it’s a “see you later, best friend”.

Sincerely,

Your best friend, shmoop