​What Would You Do If You Were The Last Person On Earth?

Let's set the scene.

158

Imagine if you were the last person on earth. It wouldn't be like the movies you see, but like everything in the world just stopped. There was no nuclear war. There was no zombie apocalypse, no death or destruction, just poof; everyone is gone. Except you. Now, everyone left while the day was still at it's peak, so places like the mall are open and technology works just fine until wires get old, or towers fall. Animals are still around, so your favorite dog or cat is happy to see you (probably just your dog). I'm sure the first few days would be chill- no more responsibility, you can have whatever you'd like, do whatever you'd like to do.

Sooner or later, the reality hits you that you're all alone. Around this time, you'll start to remember "the good old days" where you had some human interaction to stimulate your brain. Now you find yourself talking to your dogs all day.

It's kind of interesting to think about what if something completely unlikely would happen. But the problem is, it's more common than we think. Every day many of us live our lives like we are the only one on earth. Our society teaches us to worry about "number one" first, and that's all we end up tending to. Many times we make plans to go have lunch with friends that we haven't seen in a while. We say hey what's up hello and end up on our phones. Our culture seems to be okay with that?

We need to take more time to appreciate others around us. One day, we might not always have their company to ignore.