The Last Goodbyes

The Last Goodbyes

A Little Too Late...Or Is It?

961
The Last Goodbyes
Hospitality Lawyers.com

Rebecca's Point of View:

I can't believe today's the day, it felt like just yesterday that I walked into Clair's Boutique for my first day on the job. Before I drive to the airport, I am going to stop at the store to say my last goodbyes to everyone. I don't want Alan and I to leave things as they are right now. We still haven't resolved the fight thag happened on Wednesday. I miss him so much and it hurts to know that we might never see eachother again. I just can't believe all that we've been through a fight is going to tear us apart. I almost lost him once, I don't want to lose him a second time.

As I enter the store, the first person I see is Clair. She walks over to me with a big smile on her face and engulfs me in a hug. When she pulls away she says, "I still can't believe you're leaving, we're going to miss you so much!"

"I can't believe I am either, I never thought an opportunity like this would come around. Where is Mr. Brooks? I was hoping to say goodbye to him too."

"He's been locked in his office since yesterday. He doesn't seem like he's in a good mood, but go ahead. Are you two going through something right now?"

"Yea, we're going through a rough patch."

"Oh, I'm so sorry, I hope you two can work it out!"

"Thanks, I really appreciate it." Then I turn away from her and head to his office. His door is open just a crack and I can see that his head is in his hands. I knock and I enter, "Hey, as you know I am going to leave for the airport, but I wanted to stop by and say my goodbyes. So I guess this is it, do you have anything you want to say to me before I go, probably forever!"

He doesn't look at me but says, "Have a safe trip and good luck in New York."

"Oh, thanks." Before I leave, I stand in the doorway and look at him, but he's still avoiding eye contact. So I turn and leave. I was hoping he would say 'come back,' but he never does.

Clair's Point of View:

After Clair left I was trying to think of a plan to get Mr. Brooks attention off from her. So I decided to find him and eat lunch together. When I come across him, he's already in the break room sulking. "How are you doing?"

"Ok."

"I don't mean to pry but is everything alright between you and Rebecca?"

"No, it's not."

"I'm here if you want to talk about it."

"I just can't believe that everything we've been through she'd go behind my back. She means the world to me, but I don't know if I can trust her anymore. We had a big fight on Wednesday and we didn't resolve it. Now she's going to be in New York at her new job, and I'll probably never see her again."

"I'm so sorry, yeah you two have been through a lot together. It sucks that a small fight would tear your two apart. But You're right you can't trust her anymore, you're too good for her anyways."

"Yeah we have been through a lot together and you're right, one little fight shouldn't make or break us. Couples go through this all the time and they push through it and they don't give up."

"Wait, what? Did you hear about the second part I said?"

"I have to go and too that plane before it's too late." He quickly jumps out of the chair, sprints to his office to get his keys, and runs out the door.

Mr. Brooks Point of View:

I drive as fast as I can, hoping the police don't pull me over. I hope I can make it in time to stop her from leaving. I finally reach the airport, find a parking spot, and sprint towards the entrance. I quickly find a screen with the gate numbers listed and I scan for the one to New York. I find it and run to gate number 36. As I'm sprinting to the gate, I hear an announcement saying, "Last call for gate number 36 to New York City." I start to panic and sprint even faster trying to avoid all of the people. I reach the gate and the doors are closed, I turn to the assistant and ask her, "Is there anyway I can board the plane?"

"Sorry, but once the doors shut, they stay closed. But if you need more assistance you can go to the courtesy desk."

"Look, I'm sorry but you don't understand. This isn't my flight, my girlfriend is on there. We had a huge fight, and now she's leaving to New York and I may never see her again!"

"I'm sorry sir, but the plane is almost ready for take off."

I notice the plane moving towards the runway and I realize it's too late. "Thank you for your time." I look through one of the big windows and watch her leave with tears running down my face I was too late.