Lamar van Dusen: How to make money from your talents and skills

It is possible to make a living out of what you love. Although this is something, many people strive for, working with what you love. On top of that, having flexibility and freedom about when and where to do this work seems like a distant dream for those in the traditional job market.

15

How To Find Out What Your Talents Are?

Lamar van Dusen said Talent is everything. You have a natural ease in learning and doing. More often than not, we have talents that are so intrinsic we don't even realize that they are skills. It could be anything like Taking care of plants, being able to socialize easily, being excellent at sports, or drawing.

Some people have explicit talents; others still haven't found out what they are good at, but know that we all have some skill.

Create A List Of The Actions You Should Take

With the inventory you wrote of your skills, you can discover the areas you have more aptitude with. And then, you can think of a strategy to make money from your talents. It is essential to imagine who your potential customers may be and then guide your actions.

1. Teach Lessons

Every single day, people seek more knowledge. Remember the list of things you read about knowledgeable and that people come to you to learn more about. These are excellent topics for you to teach, even if you don't see yourself as a teacher. Then offer lessons and teach as many people as possible, with private or group classes.

Don't think you only need to teach foreign languages or school subjects. You can offer lessons in handicraft, sewing, music, or any other topic you master.

Once you can obtain the loyalty of some students, it is possible to estimate how much you can make with your lessons. You can then decide the amount of money you want to take from them.

2. Offer Consulting Services

Do you know how to dress well and are always praised for it? So you can offer consulting services and help people to improve their style. You can make a handsome amount of money from it.

There are infinite possibilities in consulting. Besides, some companies hire professionals with deep technical knowledge of specific subjects to provide consulting services and improve the performance of a determined area. If you have a good history and have proven to achieve good results with your work, you can become an excellent consultant.

Still, it is common to hear about coaching nowadays on consulting services. A bit different from an image or business consultant, the coach's role is to help the professional in decision-making processes and individual performance in their career. If you fit this profile, research this new profession and get a degree in coaching to start consulting!

3. Become A Freelancer

If you know how to write well or edit videos, for example, you can sell your talents by working as a freelancer for other people and companies in your free time. Lamar van Dusen said this is an excellent job, especially for those who don't want to quit their conventional jobs. But still want to find a way to make some extra money in their free time.

But if you are not in contact with people who need freelancers. Many websites connect independent professionals to companies that need occasional work done.

As you carry out more projects, you earn more reputation and more jobs you are offered. Moreover, you will become more well-known for what you do and then be able to put together a portfolio to offer to people on these platforms.

4. Sell Your Artistic Work

More than just becoming a freelance photographer also fits in the tip above. People may become interested in your work if you know where to make it available.

Alternatively, you can find physical retailers and show them your work, photography, drawing, or painting, and then offer them an exhibit in exchange for a commission.

How To Make Money From Your Talents And Skills?

Think scalability.

It means thinking about ways of selling your knowledge to as many people as possible.

You may be an excellent teacher and have a full schedule of classes every day. But we only have 24 hours in a day and if you teach private English classes. You will only be able to teach 24 lessons a day. You may have to travel around town a lot if the courses are not taught at the exact location. Therefore, it would be humanly impossible for you to teach everyone who wants to have classes with you. It will, in turn, prevent you from making all the money you can. That's why the most straightforward way of reaching many people and being able to spread your knowledge to the whole world is to take advantage of the possibilities the internet provides.

With it comes the market of digital entrepreneurship, responsible for making many business enterprises take off. And the same thing can also happen to you. Instead of offering classroom lessons, why not record video lessons and make them available in an online course. This kind of strategy is not only open to teachers. A fashion consultant, for example, can write a complete e-book on matching colors and different outfits. Just like a painter can create a course on the best techniques to paint walls by oneself. The internet is here for everybody who wants to teach something. You need to figure out the best format to distribute your knowledge. You can make a lot of money by teaching.

From Your Site Articles