Worst Parts Of A Lake House

The 15 Worst Things About Going To The Lake That Only Lake People Understand

It's not all fun and games.

3639
https://www.instagram.com/p/Blif1RJlJ03/?hl=en&tagged=lake

Some may say the most wonderful time of the year is Christmas, but for many it is going to the lake house for the weekend. Nothing beats tubing, swimming, having campfires and playing games all weekend. But despite all the fun you have there are still some definite downsides to spending your weekend at the lake.

1. Rugburn

Holding on for dear life on the tube means your knees, elbows, stomach, toes and more are going to get all scratched up for weeks.

2. Having to wait your turn to go on the tube

Yeah, it's funny to watch people get knocked off the tube, but being either frozen or scorching hot while waiting is not fun. Meanwhile your hair looks like this.

3. Sunburn

It doesn't matter if you put on sunscreen every 30 minutes you will still somehow get burnt.

4. People eating your food

No matter how hard you try and hide your food someone is going to find it and eat it. There is no my food your food at a lakehouse.

5. Literally dying when you get knocked off the tube

I think this says it all.

6. Losing your bottoms

When you get flipped off a tube or fall of water skis there is a really high chance that your bottoms will come at least a little bit off. Now comes the hoping against hope that no one saw your butt.

7. Being chocked by your life jacket

It's an indisputable fact that no life jacket fits correctly, which means it will probably choke you once you jump in the water.

8. People taking your life jacket so you get the wrong size

Despite there not being a life vest that actually fits you correctly, you have a favorite one and you know you are about to come to fists when someone else takes it.

9. Going to bed late AND waking up early

Being at a lake house means staying up way past your bedtime, but still getting up super early either because you want to get out on the lake before everyone else or because everyone else is already up and being loud.

10. Being so sore

Yep, everything hurts and you're dying.

11. Bees and mosquitoes

They are EVERYWHERE. The bees follow your food around and the mosquitos seem to multiply. It doesn't matter that you are wearing a sweatshirt and sweatpants and socks because somehow the mosquito will still manage to bite you.

12. Literally having 20 people living in one house

This house was probably made for a family of four but for some reason, you've decided to fit 20 people in there for the weekend.

13. Cleaning the house before you leave

The dreaded hour and a half where you wash all the sheets and vacuum all the rooms. At this point in the weekend you are super tired and just want to sleep on the drive home, but instead you are stuck washing and drying dishes.

14. Too many people on the lake

It's hard to do anything with the wakes of two million boats rocking you around!

15. Knowing you won't be back until next year

Despite all the downsides you wouldn't want to spend your weekend anywhere else.